Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Roux opens this week

User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Roux opens this week

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:16 am

Roux, a new restaurant with a Cajun-Creole New Orleans theme, will have its official grand opening Friday, Oct. 3 at 1325 Bardstown Road, former home of Le Gallo Rosso, after a week of soft openings and, apparently, "pre-official" evening service.

Chef Dustin Staggers, co-owner with his brother, Kyle, “has put great time and care into bringing his vision for Roux to life. He has long dreamed of opening a restaurant that could capture the essence of the city of New Orleans, where he visits at least twice a year,” according to a news release.

(The news release didn’t mention other names, but I’m pretty sure that Chefs Griffin Paulin and Ethan Ray will also be in the kitchen.)

Dustin Staggers was executive chef at The Monkey Wrench since last November. Kyle Staggers has practiced law for the past 11 years.

There will be two soft openings for family and friends on Monday, and Tuesday, Sept. 29-30; it will open evenings at 6 this week. Then, beginning Monday, Sept. 6, its walk-up beignet window will open at 7 a.m. daily, and the restaurant will open daily at 11 a.m.

Here’s the menu on Facebook: I can speak with some authority in saying that it looks like authentic Cajun-Creole. Bardstown Road’s hip vegetarians are pretty much out of luck, though: Acadiana is a meat-loving culture.
https://www.facebook.com/rouxlouisville ... 4394919914

Roux
1325 Bardstown Road
530-0531
Email: info@rouxlouisville.com
http://www.rouxlouisville.com
https://facebook.com/RouxLouisville
no avatar
User

David Green

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:36 pm

Re: Roux opens this week

by David Green » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:45 pm

Where do I get one of these "soft opening" invites?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:10 pm

David Green wrote:Where do I get one of these "soft opening" invites?

David, I don't usually go for those myself, but it couldn't hurt to shoot an Email to the address listed and ask Chef Dustin if you can come! I get the impression that the doors may be open to the public (first come, first served) on Wednesday and Thursday before the "official" grand opening.
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:07 am

Robin Garr wrote:
David Green wrote:Where do I get one of these "soft opening" invites?

David, I don't usually go for those myself, but it couldn't hurt to shoot an Email to the address listed and ask Chef Dustin if you can come! I get the impression that the doors may be open to the public (first come, first served) on Wednesday and Thursday before the "official" grand opening.

Closed Wednesday and Thursday of this week.
Open for dinner only Friday and Saturday.
Closed Sunday for one final "regroup"...
Then regular 7 day a week hours starting next Monday, Lunch and Dinner in the restaurant.
Beignet window will not be in service until Monday at 7am.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:09 am

Ethan Ray wrote:Closed Wednesday and Thursday of this week.
Open for dinner only Friday and Saturday.
Closed Sunday for one final "regroup"...
Then regular 7 day a week hours starting next Monday, Lunch and Dinner in the restaurant.
Beignet window will not be in service until Monday at 7am.

Thanks for the follow-up, Ethan! I was working from the press release.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:48 am

The Leidenheimer po-boy bread is certainly an indicator that they've done their homework. I'd be interested to know how they get it up here.
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:02 am

Richard S. wrote:The Leidenheimer po-boy bread is certainly an indicator that they've done their homework. I'd be interested to know how they get it up here.

Direct!
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.