Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

what's up at The Brewery?

no avatar
User

Holly Hill

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:59 pm

what's up at The Brewery?

by Holly Hill » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:01 pm

There are two signs on the door: The top saying closed for renovation.
The one underneath? A Stop work order from Metro forbidding any more interior demolition.

So inquiring minds want to know.......
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: what's up at The Brewery?

by Robin Garr » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:24 pm

Holly Hill wrote:There are two signs on the door: The top saying closed for renovation.
The one underneath? A Stop work order from Metro forbidding any more interior demolition.

So inquiring minds want to know.......

Interesting! The renovation closing is old news, I think. After reopening and making minor changes, the new owners decided that more extensive changes were called for, and that they'd close for a while during the fall to handle that.

Stop work order beats me ... I agree that it's interesting, although in the world of bureaucracy it's fairly common and suggests that a needed permit wasn't filed for, or the equivalent. In Chicago, it might suggest that an inspector didn't get his "tip," but surely that wouldn't happen in Louisville ... :oops: