Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Sari-Sari Closing (??)

User

John Greenup

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Oldham County

Sari-Sari Closing (??)

by John Greenup » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:37 am

I heard from a source whom I usually consider reliable that "Sari-Sari", the Filipino restaurant in Clifton, was closing its doors after this weekend...I hope it's an unfounded rumor. Anyone else heard this?
"I want to go where the hand of man has never set foot."

-- Samuel Goldwyn
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

Re: Sari-Sari Closing (??)

by Alanna H » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:45 pm

I never even knew there was a Filipino restaurant in Louisville! I hope this isn't true, because I'd really like to get over there and try their food.
User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 pm

The Highlands

by Doug Davis » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:16 pm

John Greenup wrote:I heard from a source whom I usually consider reliable that "Sari-Sari", the Filipino restaurant in Clifton, was closing its doors after this weekend...I hope it's an unfounded rumor. Anyone else heard this?

My God I hope not! I love that place! The food is awesome!. Although it would be great if they would move into a bigger location, its hard to eat there as they are so small.
I eat, therefore I am.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:15 pm

I've been told (by a knowledgeable third party) that tomorrow is Sari Sari's last night. If you love the place, you might want to drop in and say so long. :(
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:34 pm

I will try to make it over tomorrow. I know nothing about Filipino food- can somebody make a recommendation for my first & last meal there? (no seafood, please)
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:36 pm

This is heartbreaking. They had a great run (what 10 years or so?) and some really terrific food. They will be sorely missed in the neighborhood. :cry:
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

by Lonnie Turner » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:34 am

Hate to hear that. They opened and remained in that spot since 2006 I believe, quite a respectable run. I was never able to talk my wife into going as she also noted it seemed kind of cramped. But for her the uncrossable barrier was the absence of wine. She does not eat dinner without wine as she does not believe that is civilized. Period. Yes, dear. I ate solo there but not often. I hope they can reinvent themselves in a larger space.
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:14 pm

Thanks for the head's up! I've been meaning to go there soon. Will have to tonight!
User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 pm

The Highlands

by Doug Davis » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:03 am

Robin Garr wrote:I've been told (by a knowledgeable third party) that tomorrow is Sari Sari's last night. If you love the place, you might want to drop in and say so long. :(

Didnt make it. Was at Nulu fest. Wow, that sucks. :cry:
I eat, therefore I am.