Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Open Table

User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Open Table

by Gayle DeM » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:14 pm

I purchased thre $100 gift certificates for my son and daughter-in-law. One for his birthday, one for her birthday and one for their anniversary. Now they are being told they have to spend $300 on one day at one restaurant. OMG! Is there anyone else out there who can give me suggestions on how to salvage this fiasco?
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Open Table

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:08 am

That sure doesn't seem right, Gayle! Does Open Table have some kind of access to customer service where you can get somebody on the phone? Could you contact a friendly restaurant and see if they'll work with you to fake the papers and make it work out? :)
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

by Steve H » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:36 am

Gayle DeM wrote:I purchased thre $100 gift certificates for my son and daughter-in-law. One for his birthday, one for her birthday and one for their anniversary. Now they are being told they have to spend $300 on one day at one restaurant. OMG! Is there anyone else out there who can give me suggestions on how to salvage this fiasco?

This might be a scenario where Jack Conway might be useful.
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:38 am

I received a phone call from Open Table this morning. Problem resolved!
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:02 am

Gayle DeM wrote:I received a phone call from Open Table this morning. Problem resolved!

Yippee! :lol:

Care to tell us The Rest Of The Story, Gayle?
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:50 pm

I booked a place in New York for pre-theatre meal. Surprise, it was closed! Luckily, we found a good pizza joint and got to show on time. Open Table was very apologetic and sent me 2,00 points. I thought that was terrific of them!
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:55 pm

Make that 2,000. Equal to $20.