Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Does Louisville.com want to be the new Eater?

by Mark R. » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:47 pm

Robin Garr wrote:You don't get downtown in the middle of the day much, do you? :mrgreen:

Actually we're down there at least two days a week when I go to therapy. We have yet to see either Main Street or Market Street closed in the construction area between noon and 4 PM. There have been lane restrictions but never a complete closure of either road!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:23 pm

Mark R. wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:You don't get downtown in the middle of the day much, do you? :mrgreen:

Actually we're down there at least two days a week when I go to therapy. We have yet to see either Main Street or Market Street closed in the construction area between noon and 4 PM. There have been lane restrictions but never a complete closure of either road!

No, no total closure, I agree. But I've seen enough irritating slowdowns that I avoid the area if I can. That's why Gabe's story resonated with me.
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:57 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Love me some Taco Luchador. Must hit it up for lunch one day soon.

Get there early or get there late. Not sure how it is on the week days, but weekends are just wall to wall people.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:26 pm

Ron H wrote:Get there early or get there late. Not sure how it is on the week days, but weekends are just wall to wall people.

Yeah, I've found that shooting in before noon will work, sometimes. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

by Will Crawford » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:43 am

I drive Market every day and have only rarely encountered a delay...5min tops. I mean let's face it, Louisville does not know what traffic delays are.
Will Crawford
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:01 am

Will Crawford wrote:I drive Market every day and have only rarely encountered a delay...5min tops. I mean let's face it, Louisville does not know what traffic delays are.

FIVE MINUTES! That would have road rage bustin out all over! :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Eric Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:23 pm

by Eric Hall » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:30 pm

Will Crawford wrote:I drive Market every day and have only rarely encountered a delay...5min tops. I mean let's face it, Louisville does not know what traffic delays are.

I would say the closing of the Sherman minton a few years ago would qualify.

But I agree that bad traffic downtown rarely results in a significant delay. The 3 major interstates take most of the Rush hour traffic off surface streets. Ballgames/concerts seem to cause the biggest issues downtown.
no avatar
User

Susanne Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:55 pm

by Susanne Smith » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:30 am

We are certainly spoiled in all matters concerning traffic and driving distances in our fair town. Just like when some people explain not coming to the East End because they live in the Highlands, I have customers who are incredulous when I talk about driving, "all the way" to the South End to dine or visit friends. It might as well be another world to them. My explanation, that it is 13 minutes from my house to Woodlawn, falls on death ears. But that is a little off the subject. Sorry.
Previous