Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Hometown Pizza Coming to Fern Creek

by Terri Beam » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:25 pm

Hometown Pizza is moving into Fern Creek. Oddly enough, they've chosen both a location that's extremely close to Bearno's AND a location that seems to have the "kiss of death" curse on it.

It'll be in the former home of 30Red Sports Saloon and an equally short-lived Filipino restaurant (which had rather tasty food in my opinion). Before that, I think it was the very short-lived location for a bar that was previously in the rinky-dink shopping center behind Moby Dick (I don't remember the name(s) as that was before I moved to the Creek).

I like me some Hometown Pizza (better than Bearno's), and I have some brand loyalty toward them since they came to Bloomfield decades ago when Bloomfield didn't have much going on other than a greasy diner and a couple mini-marts for food options. It's still pretty much the only game in town out there for dining.

It'll be interesting to see if it can hold up with Bearno's a few doors down AND the terrible location.
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

Re: Hometown Pizza Coming to Fern Creek

by RonnieD » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:00 am

Hometown is solid and I prefer them over pretty much all fast food pizza and would pick them over the inconceivable fan favorite Wick's as well. The real magic of Hometown is the buffet. We could really use a Hometown Pizza on LowBrow. If they like kiss of death spots Sheila's is open (again).
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Re: Hometown Pizza Coming to Fern Creek

by Richard S. » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:18 pm

We always mean to try whatever restaurant is located in that spot but it always closes before we can make it. The spot has weird access; you have to go down a short side road to get into it.
I don't understand why we don't have a Panera out there yet. It seems as if Panera has opened a number of new/remodeled locations in the past few months.