Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Dasha Barbour Southern Bistro

no avatar
User

PatrickWhelan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:01 pm

Shelby Park

Dasha Barbour Southern Bistro

by PatrickWhelan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:59 pm

I just sat down to eat at this place that I love and has the best fried chicken. The owner told me our three top was the first table since lunch. They close at 8pm and we walked in at 7:40 but they greeted us merrily and were happy to get us our order as though the night had 100 covers. I hope that you will find it out to Old Bardstown Road to visit and support this small, local establishment before he is forces to decide whether to close for good .
Patrick Whelan
Logan Street Market
Safai Coffee & Tea
900 E. Kentucky St.
Louisville, KY 40204
502-693-3865
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Dasha Barbour Southern Bistro

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:48 pm

Thanks for the tip, Patrick! Could you give us an exact address? Web link or Facebook if they have it?
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

by Carol C » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:06 pm

We are so sorry to hear that they are not busy at dinner. We go for lunch--the chicken is incredible (fried to order), the greens wonderful and all other sides we've had are excellent! It has been crowded when we have been there. Unfortunately, it is off our beaten path for dinner. Certainly hope they survive--a great local restaurant that deserves our support!
no avatar
User

PatrickWhelan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Shelby Park

by PatrickWhelan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Robin his website is http://www.dbsbistro.com/ and they are located at 3825 Bardstown Rd but actually on Bradford Lane across from Fern and Moody's and behind the Bosnian pastry shop.
Patrick Whelan
Logan Street Market
Safai Coffee & Tea
900 E. Kentucky St.
Louisville, KY 40204
502-693-3865
no avatar
User

PatrickWhelan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Shelby Park

by PatrickWhelan » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:39 pm

Sorry. Forgot to mention he will be closed this Wednesday and Thursday for a little vacation with his wife to Cincinnati.
Patrick Whelan
Logan Street Market
Safai Coffee & Tea
900 E. Kentucky St.
Louisville, KY 40204
502-693-3865
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:59 pm

PatrickWhelan wrote:Robin his website is http://www.dbsbistro.com/ and they are located at 3825 Bardstown Rd but actually on Bradford Lane across from Fern and Moody's and behind the Bosnian pastry shop.

Thanks, Patrick! I'll make a sincere effort to get out there soon.
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:07 pm

I grew up in the 80's/90's off Bradford Lane. Sure would have appreciated having all those restaurants there back then!
no avatar
User

Susanne Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:55 pm

by Susanne Smith » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:56 am

Please tell me what has improved at the Southern Bistro, so I can go back and give them another try. I had the fried chicken. Nice seasoning, but underdone (pinkish) the time Susi and I went. The greens were way over-salted, and I like salt. The side salad was chopped lettuce and nothing else. Nothing else. No tomatoes, green peppers, carrots, etc.. nothing. Maybe we went right after they had opened, but I remember they had no ice for the drinks. That said, the couple running the place were very nice, and I am all for supporting ethnic restaurants, but when do we put the various histories and struggles of restaurant owners behind us, and simply judge the food on its own merits? Please tell me what has improved and I will certainly go back again.
no avatar
User

PatrickWhelan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Shelby Park

by PatrickWhelan » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:20 am

Bill I've eaten there more than a half dozen times and never had a bad experiences (except they have no ice and I have to drink my coke from a can). The first time I went they were closed at 8:00 but the owner came outside, talked to us, let us in, and cooked dinner for us. Service aside, for me anyway, they have the best fried chicken in town today and I think all their sides have always been great. Why not give them another try? They're a small, family run business just like Shady Lane.
Patrick Whelan
Logan Street Market
Safai Coffee & Tea
900 E. Kentucky St.
Louisville, KY 40204
502-693-3865
no avatar
User

Susanne Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:55 pm

by Susanne Smith » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:49 pm

With the recommendation of forum members that trust and take seriously, I will in fact give them another try. This is the wonderful thing about this site, because I would have never gone back on my own volition, and now....I will. And I love some me some good fried chicken and the sides that go along with it. I look forward and thanks for the heads up. Bill