Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Bulleit at Stitzel-Weller

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Bulleit at Stitzel-Weller

by James Natsis » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:35 pm

I didn't pay much attention months ago to the announcement of the Stitzel-Weller revival. When I read some of the media coverage Monday of the grand opening I figured I'd stop by to see what they had out there.

Boy, was I pleasantly surprised. What a treasure quietly tucked away on a back road in Shively. The 53 acre campus looks like it could be off a 2-lane road leading out of Bardstown towards the back country! Once they finish the bottling plant and the micro distillery we'll have a full-fledged bourbon experience 3 miles from downtown Louisville--13 rickhouses and all!

All I can say at this point is that anyone interested in the bourbon trail will be impressed with this addition to the expanding bourbon experience in the area.
James J. Natsis
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Bulleit at Stitzel-Weller

by Mark R. » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:59 pm

Sounds like a great experience! Where abouts in Shively is it?
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

by James Natsis » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:37 pm

Its off Dixie Highway about halfway between Broadway and the Watterson Expressway. From the Watterson go a ways on Dixie and turn left on Ralph. Then turn right onto Fitzgerald just a little ways up. Its a bit isolated, but you'll find it pretty easily.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

by James Natsis » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:40 pm

James J. Natsis