Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

Re: New Life for old Baxter Station?

by Gary Guss » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:14 pm

Jay M. wrote:
Lonnie Turner wrote:Heather noted about the new name. There are now "Caio" logos on the sides of the building, with updated paint trim, as well as on the front door. The windows still have paper on them but I see activity from time to time when going by on Payne Street. Has anyone heard anything more?

Please tell me the logos say "Ciao" and not "Caio".

We already have Le Moo .. maybe it's time for Cow
User

Gary Z

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:05 am

by Gary Z » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:32 pm

It is indeed run by Luigi and his wife. They are doing authentic Italian and hope to be open by the end of the month. Casual dining with upscale service. I was in there yesterday. The remodel looks good although they still have a ways to go.
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

by Christina Firriolo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:10 pm

My daughter attends classes at Walden Theatre, so I am lurking in that area a couple of times per week. I noticed a LOT of activity (including food and bourbon trucks) on Thursday afternoon. I wonder if they're planning to open this weekend or maybe sometime next week?
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:36 pm

Christina Hall wrote:I wonder if they're planning to open this weekend or maybe sometime next week?

They said this Wednesday on Facebook:
Friends,
We are putting the final touches on construction and perfecting our menu. Please keep a close watch for our grand opening announcement! Remember to share, like and comment on our page for a chance to join us for the private pre-opening party a few nights prior to the big day! Thank you so much for your on going support!Ciao'

https://www.facebook.com/ciao.louisville/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:52 pm

Looking back their Facebook page, it seems they're endlessly optimistic about getting open. I'm sure they are getting close, but ...

Ciao Ristorante
September 3 at 3:14pm ·
We are pushing incredibly hard to open our doors to the public September 23rd! Here is a chance for you and a guest to get a sneak peek during our "amici e famiglia"night! Like our page, share with your friends and family on Facebook, and comment about how excited you are to have a real authentic Italian restaurant to indulge in an amazing cuisine and ambiance that's unlike anywhere else in the city! Winner will be selected randomly and will receive one free appetizer and two entrees ( one for you and your guest). Ciao!!!

Ciao Ristorante
September 13 at 1:11pm ·
Thanks for everyone's support of our page. Due to construction delays we will not be able to open on Sept. 23. We are hoping to open Sept. 30th. We will keep all posted. Thank you!!!!!

Ciao Ristorante
September 18 at 7:50pm ·
In order for our vision of offering the overall best dining experience for our customers, we have elected to push our grand opening date back a few more days. We are in the process of molding our staff both front and back of the house to insure that our customers receive the dining experience they deserve. Keep an eye out for the "definitive" opening date! Ciao!

Ciao Ristorante
September 28 at 10:17pm ·
Friends,
We are putting the final touches on construction and perfecting our menu. Please keep a close watch for our grand opening announcement! Remember to share, like and comment on our page for a chance to join us for the private pre-opening party a few nights prior to the big day! Thank you so much for your on going support!Ciao'
no avatar
User

neal.johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Beechmont

by neal.johnson » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:02 am

So he wants us all to promote is unopened business via Facebook? Tacky much?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:45 am

neal.johnson wrote:So he wants us all to promote is unopened business via Facebook? Tacky much?

Pretty standard practice, though. Ask your friends to spread the word. Face to face or Facebook to Facebook, I'm not troubled by it. I'll wait and judge them on food and service, though. :mrgreen:
Previous