Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Earth Friends Cafe opening in old Wolfie Puck's

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:29 pm

Reports Business First:

Earth Friends Cafe owner Stacie Bale signed an agreement Thursday to rent the former Wolfgang Puck Express site in the Kentucky International Convention Center.
“We just had this amazing opportunity come to us, and we cannot say no,” Bale said.

Earth Friends Cafe's original location at 829 E. Market St. will remain open for lunch only, she said. But its days of operation might change, and the NuLu store could close briefly so Bale can prepare the new location for a planned Oct. 1 opening.
no avatar
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

Re: Earth Friends Cafe opening in old Wolfie Puck's

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:24 pm

I'm so glad to see a local operation going in there, rather than another franchise unit.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Earth Friends Cafe opening in old Wolfie Puck's

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:52 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:I'm so glad to see a local operation going in there, rather than another franchise unit.

Me too. I just hope they're able to make the numbers work. The space can't be cheap, and a downtown lunch crowd may be more demanding than the laid back market for natural/hormone-free/veggie fare in NuLu.