Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: LMPD raid/shut down Bardstown Rd bar

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Ray Griffith wrote:Let's hear it. Who has the best calamari? :wink:

Porcini and Volare are contendahs.
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Y'all need to try the calamari at Palermo Viejo!
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
no avatar
User

Steve Kluesner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:37 pm

So. Indiana

by Steve Kluesner » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:28 pm

Ronnie D.....Relax, it will all be okay. I may have a problem someday but I hope I don't become like the rest of you. I am very careful not to be in a position to taken advantage of but hey there is a first time for everything. I tried to compromise but that is not good enough.....we can't get along because I believe something different.

Carla G.....You can relax as well.....what is good for the goose is good for the gander???? right? I never said you had to give up anything....I just think it is ok to give up some rights, not all.....but we can be a third world country if we keep going in your direction.
no avatar
User

Steve Kluesner

{ RANK }

Foodie

So. Indiana

by Steve Kluesner » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Carla G wrote:
Steve Kluesner wrote:I will finish my part of this conversation and stick to food posts.

I hope it all works out for everyone....I just don't see our country coming together to make us better...there will always be someone with a beef....I am not going to be that person with a beef....and I will continue to ask what the big deal is....obviously this is a big deal to many other people. I don't care to change your minds. Your problems are not my problems, I guess, so I have the attitude that I have.

Good luck all!

Wouldn't it be great if it really worked this way. It doesn't. One day you WILL be that person with a beef. If you believe in justice for yourself then you must believe in justice for all. Some justice here and less justice there or some justice some days and not others is neither fair nor viable.

You are missing the point completely.....what is justice for me may not be for you. I have led a good life, I really have no beefs with anyone but myself. Frisk me, search me, pull me over.....nothing to hide here.......sorry if my care less attitude bothers you
no avatar
User

Matt C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:21 pm

clifton

by Matt C » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:23 pm

Steve u prob have been in places it happens just didnt know any high end bar in restaurant thats busy u will prob find a bookie . ( guy on the phone w pad and paper watching espn all afternoon ) hot chics trying to pick up older men at night (not cheap street walkers ) but 400 and hour on average ) and a guy who is in and of bathroom a ton (prob the guy selling coke ) and these people would look like they belonged there . Just like the people at cohoots but rich white and good looking and probably wouldnt ever get hassled by the police .
User

Adriel Gray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:53 pm

Louisville Slugger

by Adriel Gray » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:41 pm

Steve Kluesner wrote:Frisk me, search me, pull me over.....nothing to hide here.......sorry if my care less attitude bothers you

I appreciate you speaking your mind Steve. Say what you feel is always cool. I appreciate your commitment to this sense of justice you have. I hear you as saying that you have broken no laws so are open to being searched, or frisked because they will see that you are a law abiding dude. I like your openness. I care about you though, and don't want to see you stopped and frisked unnecessarily, or unlawfully. There is no reason to stop citizens without a suspicion or a warrant. That is against the law, 4th amendment clearly states it. That is what happened here. If you were at a place and got treated like the folks in the video at Cahoots I would be upset for you, even if you consented to the search.

So there is your compromise bro. You keep on being the old straight arrow you are, and I'll keep on watching your back. :wink:
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:01 pm

Alanna H wrote:
Ray Griffith wrote:Let's hear it. Who has the best calamari? :wink:

Easy peasy- Mussel & Burger Bar!

+1 Definitely!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Steve Kluesner

{ RANK }

Foodie

So. Indiana

by Steve Kluesner » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:20 am

Adriel Gray wrote:
Steve Kluesner wrote:Frisk me, search me, pull me over.....nothing to hide here.......sorry if my care less attitude bothers you

I appreciate you speaking your mind Steve. Say what you feel is always cool. I appreciate your commitment to this sense of justice you have. I hear you as saying that you have broken no laws so are open to being searched, or frisked because they will see that you are a law abiding dude. I like your openness. I care about you though, and don't want to see you stopped and frisked unnecessarily, or unlawfully. There is no reason to stop citizens without a suspicion or a warrant. That is against the law, 4th amendment clearly states it. That is what happened here. If you were at a place and got treated like the folks in the video at Cahoots I would be upset for you, even if you consented to the search.

So there is your compromise bro. You keep on being the old straight arrow you are, and I'll keep on watching your back. :wink:

As I have said before, I think I am just too simple minded on this subject. I see those doing the searches and the frisking as the ones who protect be from the unlawful. Do they take it too far? Absolutely. Your take on the 4th amendment and mine are different. I am tired of people killing people or committing crimes because they are breaking the law. I suppose my thoughts on how our punishment for crimes are too lenient to do any good.

My line of the thought is on a couple of things while yours may be more broad. I don't want to open up my life to be questioned as to what I do, but I do understand in certain areas there are more opportunity for a person rights to be infringed upon. I may be a bit crass when I say it does not bother me to be infringed upon for the greater good. I do see your point as well.

Have a good day!
no avatar
User

Steve Kluesner

{ RANK }

Foodie

So. Indiana

by Steve Kluesner » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:30 am

Matt C wrote:Steve u prob have been in places it happens just didnt know any high end bar in restaurant thats busy u will prob find a bookie . ( guy on the phone w pad and paper watching espn all afternoon ) hot chics trying to pick up older men at night (not cheap street walkers ) but 400 and hour on average ) and a guy who is in and of bathroom a ton (prob the guy selling coke ) and these people would look like they belonged there . Just like the people at cohoots but rich white and good looking and probably wouldnt ever get hassled by the police .

I know the bookie you are talking about, been approached by the girls you are talking about, and probably have seen the dealer you are talking about but I don't like my coke in the can, I prefer it out of a fountain.

I will admit I am naive when it comes to the world of drugs.....I know people on pot and abuse prescription drugs but that is where it ends. I live in a rural area and I like to go into Louisville to enjoy the restaurants. I know it exists but probably not aware of how widespread it is.
Previous