Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

JohnKing

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:04 pm

BBC/Valumarket Beer Cheese Competition for LCBW

by JohnKing » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:32 am

Valumarket and BBC are proud to present the first annual Louisville Craft Beer Week Amateur Beer Cheese Competition. To participate, please email johnking@kygbrewers.org with the individual participating and the name of their beer cheese by Friday September 12th at 4 p.m. to participate. Entrees must be brought into BBC taproom no later than 12:30 the day of the event.

The Rules:

Contestants are responsible for transferring their beer cheese into 3 cups (upon arrival) for the judges. Judges will blind mark these cups and also the container. The container will be available for patrons to sample. Patrons will be able to sample beer from 1:30-3:00pm and be able to vote for People's Choice. At 3:00 pm, judges will tally their top 3 choices and also the Peoples Choice vote. Top three will receive a gift card/prize package from Valumarket and Peoples Choice will receive a special trophy.

The Cost

There is a $5 cost to enter the beer cheese competition or taste the beer cheeses. Pretzels will be provided for your dipping pleasure.

Also, the overall winner will be paired up against the winner of Lexington Craft Beer Weeks winner to determine the KY Beer Week State Champ!

https://www.facebook.com/events/937533256263248/
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: BBC/Valumarket Beer Cheese Competition for LCBW

by Marsha L. » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:27 pm

This is probably a dumb question - but I assume from the name of the event that you must be an amateur to participate, so I guess that means you can't work at a restaurant?

I'm asking for...a friend.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist