Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Good lunch at Amerigo's

no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

Good lunch at Amerigo's

by Linda C » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:34 am

btw,,,this is NOT where the restroom was messy!

We were on the Hurstbourne Ln Saturday and decided to try Amerigo's. On a nasty, slushy cold day the atmosphere was perfect. The wood oven smell is what grabs you first. I liked the subdued lighting and wood touches. There was a family next to us and they provided a paper top and crayons for the well behaved kids. My husband was craving plain old spaghetti, which satisfied with a deilcious marinara and a large meatball. I didn't taste that, but he said it was yummy. Soft foccacia type bread with olive oil dipping sauce was excellent as well. I tried the mussels appetizer with a side dish of their signature asiago and leek potatoes. Great choice! The mussels were large and plentiful...maybe 30? They were a bargain at 11 dollars...for an extra 2, they serve them over angel hair pasta. The broth is a delicious wine/garlic/buttter mix with a touch of tomatoes and herb. The dish comes with 2 large pieces of buttery garlic bread which is perfect for dipping in the divine broth. My husband had to help me finish them! The potatoes were SOOOO good. They are red potatoes and the skins are in the chunky dish which hints of cheese , leeks and spice . I ate about one third and saved the rest for breakfast. Oh...these are addicting. Portion size is large and I'm sure every appetizer is meant for sharing.We had excellent service. I wanted to try the planked fish, but the special that day was salmon and I was a little burned out on that. We will definitely return and try other selections.
User

Jennie Mulhall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:22 am

by Jennie Mulhall » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:47 am

Three friends & I headed to Amerigo's last month for dinner & we had a wonderful experience. I'm usually very wary of chains, but I had read some good things about it.
We had a wonderful meal with excellent service in a super cozy atmosphere. I had the three cheese pizza with artichokes--yum! I can't remember what everyone else had, but we all raved.
We will definitely go back.
no avatar
User

Aaron Newton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:34 pm

by Aaron Newton » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:56 am

Definitely not a normal chain, and we've been pleased both times we've been.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:02 pm

I agree about the chain thing...Hurstbourne Lane is a mecca for chains at both end of the spectrum. I heard about Amerigo on this forum and were glad we went there instead of Macaroni Grill or Buca. The quality of food, atmosphere and service was excellent. I rate the mussels #2 in the city so far. Sorry, nobody can top Seviche's.
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:09 pm

I have been pleased each time I have eaten at Amerigo. It has probably been 4 or 5 times for lunch.
They are a small chain therefore still operate with many of the same values of the independent but are better financed.
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:11 pm

Chain...Chain...Chain....Long live Chains.... :roll: