Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Eric Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: restaurant posts receipt w/ poor tip from NFL player...

by Eric Hall » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:12 pm

It might only be a $9-10 tip but it's received more press for the restaurant than 100k of traditional advertising would have.

Money well spent.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:10 pm

RonnieD wrote:And Robin, he is assassinated at the end of that movie... :shock:

D'oh! :oops:
no avatar
User

Matt C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:21 pm

clifton

by Matt C » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:00 pm

I was the waiter on the oj party at rubys and he tossed him because a regulars guest was friends of the Goldman family but when he got a standing ovation from the room for tossing him he had me tip off Sara frishner ( cant spell) from courier journal that night and I did and had my girlfriend call to and by monday it was national press and we made more money than u could believe the next week after derby
User

Ray Griffith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Highlands

by Ray Griffith » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:16 pm

Antonia L wrote:I keep trying to find the wrong in what this manager did, and I can't.

There's no server-customer confidentiality agreement.

You're correct. But, does there have to be? I think that the confidentiality of a transaction between a business and a customer is implied, or at least common courtesy. The posting of the receipt was unprofessional.

Antonia L wrote:It is a universal truth that those in the public eye are held to a higher standard, and they should be extremely aware of their behavior, as well as the possibility of it being put on display if they do something beastly. Not to mention that a lot of people believe the "From those to whom much is given, much is expected." The last people who need to stiff a server are multimillionaires. THAT is just bad business.

Again, I am not taking sides. However, this is one side of the story.

As for "stiffing servers", gratuity is not an entitlement. ; What if the customer felt "stiffed" on the service? I have only given a zero tip once in my life and it was for egregiously lame service. The few times that I've had just bad service, I still tip 10% or 15%...depending. Anyway, millionaire or not, to tip nothing or to tip 100% is the customer's prerogative.
Previous