Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Tony_S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:51 pm

Louisville

Mexican restaurant coming to Norton Commons

by Tony_S » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Anybody know anything about the Mexican restaurant coming to Norton Commons? Apparently it will be in the former Scott's Village Market space.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Mexican restaurant coming to Norton Commons

by Robin Garr » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:16 pm

Tony_S wrote:Anybody know anything about the Mexican restaurant coming to Norton Commons? Apparently it will be in the former Scott's Village Market space.

First I've heard, Tony, but I'll be eager to hear more! I'm guessing that it probably won't be a Spanish-speaking taqueria ...
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:44 pm

Would not surprise me if it was an El Nopal.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

by Will Crawford » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:52 pm

When did Scott's close?
Will Crawford
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:15 pm

Will Crawford wrote:When did Scott's close?

Here's a post from the Residents and Businesses of Norton Commons Facebook Page,
https://www.facebook.com/groups/192087660234/

Jerry Zegart wrote:September 4 at 5:24pm ·
Rumors have been flying for sometime. It is now official. When Scott's Village Market closes it's doors in an hour, it will be the last time.
Construction will begin soon on a Mexican Restaurant which I am sure we will hear more on in the future.
Were gonna miss you Scott and all your wonderful staff. I heard originally that you may still cater. The weekend ribs and chicken were legendary as were the very creative deli sandwiches and deli specialties. We hope so but nothing confirmed. Keeping our fingers crossed!
User

JerryZegart

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Norton Commons

by JerryZegart » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:49 am

Not so sure about the Mexican now. When I spoke to someone who should know at Scotts on their last night I was told it was becoming Mexican. I did speak to Scott after that but never asked him about the Mexican. We were more concerned about his fantastic Barbeque and Catering which he is continuing to some extent.

As to the Mexican, when I asked someone who would be considered an official in Norton Commons I was told to their knowledge that wasn't true. Their reason was that no plans had been brought forward to them. Norton Commons requires plans for construction like this and I believe business plans too.

That doesn't mean it isn't happening. It could simply mean that they have not moved forward with actual plans for anything new at Scotts. So I will ask Scott next week and post his official response to clear things up. The only thing for certain now is that Scotts Village Market is closed.

JerryZ
User

JerryZegart

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Norton Commons

by JerryZegart » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:24 pm

Scott's Village Market Update. Scott's Village Market is still available. Let's just say it is a bit complicated.

"Still talking...So don't really know what will happen. Mexican place doesn't plan on opening until next yr anyway."

Scott can be reached at (502) 931-2411 with potential inquiries. You can also reach Scott on this number for Barbecued Ribs, Chicken and Catering needs.

JerryZ
Attachments
scotts.jpg
scotts.jpg (45.47 KiB) Viewed 2764 times