Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Comfy Cow

no avatar
User

Melissa S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:03 pm

Comfy Cow

by Melissa S » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:49 pm

So I took my son to Comfy Cow tonight for a treat. He ordered a milkshake and was asked if he wanted whipped cream and a cherry on top. He said yes to the whipped cream. When he was handed his milkshake it appeared as though they forgot to add the whipped cream. The cup had a dome shaped lid which was empty. I gently reminded the server that he did want the whipped cream. He said he did put some on. I couldn't see it. He pointed to a thin pool of what looked like liquid cream on top of the shake. I expressed surprise and then he told me they whip it by hand and then it looks like this. He said the owners stopped buying the nitrous to whip the cream in order to save money. Okay. Then I order a regular scoop on a cone with rainbow sprinkles. The server takes a very small spoon and puts the sprinkles on top of the cone. Again I express my surprise with the lame topping for which I am paying extra for. I could've counted the number of sprinkles on top. Maybe twenty. I like Comfy Cow, but they are clearly skimping on quality and quantity.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Comfy Cow

by Mark R. » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:54 pm

For the prices they charge they shouldn't be skimping on anything! I wonder if all the recent expansion has put them a little behind the eight ball on cash flow?
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Melissa S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Melissa S » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:08 pm

That was my first thought. My son prefers Graeters. I persuaded him to go to Comfy Cow because they're featuring my favorite flavor this month (chocolate peanut butter). After the toppings disppointment he said, "I told you so!"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:14 am

Melissa, which of the several Comfy Cow branches was this? This kind of corner-cutting is not typical of Comfy Cow in my experience, and I'm pretty sure that the Cow's management - which lurks here sometime - would want to know about this and have an opportunity to look into it.
no avatar
User

Melissa S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Melissa S » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:10 am

We were at the Westport Village location. It seemed like both mishaps were corporate policy though, not the fault of the server.
User

Tony_S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:51 pm

Louisville

by Tony_S » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:07 pm

I wonder if their growth has led to some training and attitude issues. I've seen this with other local establishments when they grow. I had some similar issues with shiraz when they expanded. Management certainly needs that feedback. Maintaining success during growth is very tricky.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:06 pm

I think Tim and Roy have their office at the Clifton shop, although they get around. I'll give them an E-yell and see if I can talk them into dropping in on us.
User

TracyBasham

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Brandenburg, Ky

by TracyBasham » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:03 pm

That's unfortunate that your experience wasn't a pleasant one, Melissa. I hate it when you go somewhere you've visited before & all of a sudden, things aren't as good as they once were. I love places that are consistent.
My husband & I visited the Herr Lane location last weekend and can safely say the service & quality was still there. While I admit I don't like all of their flavors, the salted caramel was AMAZING.
Lets hope they get things back on track.
no avatar
User

Adam Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

by Adam Robinson » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:12 pm

I've not experienced any issues with Comfy Cow. Though I think there should be a Constitutional Amendment stating they must have the Smores ice cream on hand at all times.