Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Adam Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Re: Food Network at Cattleman's Roadhouse

by Adam Robinson » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:11 pm

Bill H wrote:I am a frequent reader of hot bytes, and felt compelled to respond. I hate when I read that some posters had a bad experience at Cattlemans Roadhouse. Cattlemans Roadhouse is a casual family steakhouse known for our Signature Salad Bar and quality aged beef- not everyone’s type of restaurant. Our salad bar is all homemade salads and we pride ourselves with its freshness. If you come to Cattlemans expecting a Jeff Ruby’s experience, you will be disappointed. We have issues with the Hurstbourne location in having enough staff with high standards. We are our toughest critic, and have made numerous changes in the 2 years we have been open. My current management team is great. We put our longest tenure manager, Tony Allen (Ice- 23 years) in that restaurant to raise the front of house service standards. We use aged beef at all our locations-our premium steaks are Creekstone Angus served at white tablecloth restaurants at twice our price. It certainly is not Ponderosa meat. Our Hurstbourne restaurant has had its issue with overcooking steaks, but we feel we have finally worked this out. I would like guests that have been unhappy with our restaurant to let me know . I would be happy to send you a gift card to give us another try.
Thanks,
Bill Hisle
Owner
Cattlemans Roadhouse

Heck, I'll give you another try just based on your post, no gift card needed. I had the same experience others have stated here on Hurstbourne (this was quite a while back). Glad to hear you're getting it worked out; some of my family love the place and I've always declined going with them after the first time.
User

Adriel Gray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:53 pm

Louisville Slugger

by Adriel Gray » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:28 pm

Note to self, be as smooth as Bill when handling criticism... This is how you do it!

I see steaks in the future.
no avatar
User

CarlStucker

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:03 pm

by CarlStucker » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:09 pm

I'm a frequent reader and enjoy the HotBytes forum, but have not contributed to the conversations, however felt compelled to share my experiences at Cattleman's.
I've been going there since they opened and was thrilled to have the option to patronize a locally owned restaurant on Hurstbourne Ln.
Dining out is my favorite social activity and I've experienced most of the restaurants in Louisville.
In the casual dining category, I would rank Cattleman's service as one of the best! I don't think i have EVER been there, that Ice does not stop by our table to check on things. We have consistently received excellent service from Monique and Cynthia and the hostesses are very pleasant. There is not another casual dining establishment where I have consistently had the same level of service. My intent is not to criticize the others, but to point out an area where Cattleman's excels. I do not know any of the Cattleman's staff personally, only from dining there.
There has also never been a time that I have not been asked if my food was okay. I could count on one hand the number of restaurants that consistently do that. I would challenge anyone to find better tasting chicken tenders or fried pork chops in Louisville.
They are the real southern thing. The fillets are great and the baked potatoes are always fresh. Just like anyone, I have my preferences on the menu, so can't speak to all the selections. What I can speak to is the service and I just can't imagine them not making it right if it did not meet your expectations.
I also appreciate the fact that they do not rush you in an attempt to turn tables. In my experience, many other steakhouses like to herd you in and out.
Just wanted Mr. Hisle and other forum readers to know that our experiences have been enjoyable and we will continue to be loyal customers. We love the food and the staff is exceptional!
User

Robert Carnighan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:47 am

none

by Robert Carnighan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:58 pm

We too went twice in the first several weeks after they opened and were not impressed. In the neighborhood today we stopped for lunch. The experience was totally different from out initial visits. The salad bar was much improved with more fresher looking items. I enjoyed my smaller rib eye steak. West Sixth IPA was one of the draft selections that I didn't remember from the previous visit. We appreciate the owner's response to the earlier posts and we will be back sooner next time.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:28 pm

Robert Carnighan wrote:We appreciate the owner's response to the earlier posts and we will be back sooner next time.

Thanks for the follow-up, Bob. It's great when we can get a second look.
no avatar
User

Adam Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

by Adam Robinson » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:55 pm

I'm glad someone posted on this again, because I had forgotten about it this thread. I've also gone back since my original post on this topic,and it was much, much better, possibly 100x better than my prior experience. My family actually frequents there relatively often nowadays.
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:55 am

You can trust that Bill Hisle will not allow an operation of his to operate sub-par for very long.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Rick G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:05 am

by Rick G » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:11 pm

Cattleman's is my go to place every Friday night. I meet a group of friends there and they will go nowhere else on Friday nights. We always sit at the bar and have a couple of drinks and have dinner. Tonight Bill, the owner, was there and was right there talking to us and making sure everything was ok. And the manager Ice was, as always, all over the place checking with customers and making sure they were having a good experience. The food, service and atmosphere is great for an end of the week relaxing experience that I hope to enjoy for a long time.
Previous