Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Tony I

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:36 pm

New Albany

Re: Flay to launch Louisville eatery?

by Tony I » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:02 am

Attitude and arrogance not withstanding, don't bet against him. Louisville is just the right size market for him. It's large enough in that he has a lot of fans. The fact that his food may or may not be all that won't really come into play, most won't notice. He'll do well.
Tony Impellizzeri's
5170 Charlestown Rd.
New Albany, In.
User

Anthony Lamas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:41 pm

by Anthony Lamas » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:03 am

I'm excited that Bobby is considering opening a restaurant in Louisville! He told me yesterday that it's still exploratory, but he loves Louisville almost as much as he loves NYC. He will kill it here and his food speaks for itself...it's easy to judge people, but at the end of the day, it's about the people coming in your restaurant. He has proven himself and he is one of the hardest working people in the business! He made his name by working hard, not compromising and it was all before TV.
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:20 pm

Agreed.

He's done so much, but gets the bad wrap because of his 'attitude.' Whatever.

I think he would come to Louisville and do the respect to us (he kinda mentioned his love for the Ville.)

I say 'Come on down, newest member of our family. It's good to have you on!'

PS: I humbly suggest Marsha to write a column about 'Coming up Through the Ranks.' She'd do a better job than I showing how difficult it is to accomplish what Chef Flay has done.
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:03 pm

Stephen D wrote:
I think he would come to Louisville and do the respect to us (he kinda mentioned his love for the Ville.)

Like loving a restaurant in NuLu (ugh) so much that he can't recall the name of it. Very respectful. Again, the man stirs his Jambalaya while it's cooking.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
Previous