Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Limestone

no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

Limestone

by MarieP » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:41 pm

I just received an email from Limestone, entitled "Many thanks," that reads, "Thank you Louisville for 11 Wonderful Years at Limestone Restaurant." Their Facebook status from 30 minutes ago says, "Thank you to everyone that supported us for eleven great years. Remember to support local restaurants!" Someone commented to say, "We look forward to your next venture and will really miss the bar area..."

I guess this means they are closing...not sure when the last day is/was...

My sister worked there in college, and we had my 10-year high-school reunion there. Actually, I had not been recently, and looking at their page with the July 3-course meal for $19 (somehow I didn't get that update), looks like I should have gone one more time!
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: Limestone

by Carla G » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:46 pm

Awww man! Another one?
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:04 pm

Yes, a Forumite just told me last night that Chef Jim Gerhardt said farewell to diners over the weekend and told them that he will be cooking at the Pendennis Club (!) downtown.

I know that Jim had been trying hard to find someone to buy him out and take over the restaurant for several years. It's tough, though, to follow a star.

I certainly wish Jim well wherever he goes.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:26 am

I'm betting we'll see something new from Jim in short order. I can't see him happy at the Pendennis, at least for more than about ten minutes.

Is he still overseeing food ops at the Seelbach, as well?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:15 am

TP Lowe wrote:Is he still overseeing food ops at the Seelbach, as well?

I've never been entirely clear on Jim's role there, TP, or whether it continues. My sense is that they wanted his name back after Todd and Duane left, but it was hard to see how he could devote a large amount of time there and to Limestone.