Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

Finally got to Cafe Lou Lou...

by Michele Janosek » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:25 pm

And I am sorry it took so long - Cameron was such a treat! our food was wonderful. Mom is in from NY this weeked, and we promised we'd try something new. We had a party of 5, we split the shrimp & grits, tomato/spinach lavash and the cajun cheese & bread. Plenty of great starters to go around! I had had the shrimp & portobello raviolli - subtle & delicious; Mom had the shrimp & tomato w/penne - cannot describe the sauce accurately - sublimely sweet - perfect all around - shrimp was succulent and she finished her plate. The only other place she has ever done this is Rick's - she is known as a very picky eater! My friend Kelly had the linguini with meatballs & declared them perfect. Both hubbies had Pasta carbonara - need I say Mike cleaned his plate?!? We almost didn't have room for dessert, but I reminded mom that Marsha oversees them personally - we split the egg nog creme brulee & the vanilla brownie dessert. Absolutely perfect! All I can say is I am sorry it took us this long to make our way to Cafe Lou Lou. Mom is already making plans for her spring visit & we'll be in NYE weekend with my best friend & her hubby from Long Island! Thanks for a great evening - we are sure to be back!!!
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:44 am

Michele - Cameron told me you were in last night (we had our staff Christmas party later on). Thanks for coming in, and we're so glad you enjoyed it.

We specialize in pleasing picky eaters of all stripes, so Lou Lou was a great place to bring your mom. And the carbonara is my favorite pasta dish on the menu. If I didn't struggle to talk myself out of it, I'd have one every afternoon after my shift! :evil: