Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Good deals on off-peak eating times

no avatar
User

Ron Taglieri

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:07 pm

Good deals on off-peak eating times

by Ron Taglieri » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:22 pm

I do not like eating on weekend nights because of crowds, long waits, noisy atmosphere, longer serving waits, etc. Most like the excitement, but I am not one.

However, as Sunday-Tuesday is favorite night to dine out, does anyone have a list of restaurants that offer special deals on such evenings? I know Boombozz has a good 2 for $20 night on Mondays (Pizza, Salad and two glasses of wine for $20), but are there others?

Whenever we dine out, crowds tend to be much thinner, so I would think some restaurants might discount food or drink to entice diners.

Let me know.

Thanks in advance
no avatar
User

Jenny H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:14 pm

by Jenny H » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:40 pm

Doesn't Limestone do half priced grill items on Monday night or am I just making that up?

I know Mark's Feed Store does free desserts on Mondays and Kids Eat Free on Tuesdays. I don't know if that appeals to you or not though.
no avatar
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

by Michele Janosek » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:37 pm

Rick's has an "early bird special" card - not sure what % off, and they also have a frequent diner card that you get a certain % of your total meal (minus any alcohol) and when you hit a certain point, you get a comp meal free.
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:12 am

This reminds me of one of the few problems I have as a frequent "lone" diner. Almost all specials are "2 fers". I seldom see a dining special that a single diner can take advantage of. Yes I realize that it's costly for the restaurant to give up a 2 top to a single diner but I assume if they're putting out specials they're not packing in the customers anyway. We often talk about restaurants being 'kid friendly' but what about 'single diner' friendly?
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Chris Hutton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:07 pm

louisville

by Chris Hutton » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:13 pm

At Sweet Peas Southern on Frankfort Ave; we have early bird specials for 8.95 and a real good happy hour.

2.50 Guiness drafts, half price bottle of wines and more.

I really hope you check us out sometime soon.

We open at 4 and our close on Mondays.
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

by Will Crawford » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:59 pm

Westport General Store has the following specials:

"Westport Classic"
Tuesday Meatloaf Dinner $8.95
Wednesday Baked Spaghetti $8.95
Thursday Roasted Turkey Dinner $8.95

Plus every Tuesday-Thursday Kids eat free!
One free kids meal with each adult entrée ordered. 12 years and under.
Will Crawford