Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Re: YOO HOO! The Ville Tacqueria is OPEN!

by Deb Hall » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:06 pm

We were there last night with our 10 year old for dinner. The place really has potential, but things are as expected with a new place a little uneven. No liquor license yet- should have it this week. They were out of several of their salsas, but we did get to try the Arbol agave miele, which was wonderful, and the tomatillo which was very good. Our side order of mango avocado salsa was a large 4oz for $1! At first bite I was very impressed, but later found the red onion to be overwhelming. The queso verde was addictive on chips- perfect consistency with a nice zing and great flavor. My favorite queso in town now!

Our tacos ranged from skirt steak ( good), to shrimp ( good) to chorizo ( excellent) . I found the first two perfectly cooked if a little bit bland without salsa, but the Arbol and tomatillo salsas were great additions respectively. Our server jokingly chided the table next to ours when she realized they had eaten their whole meal without salsas - said the Chef designed the menu with the intent that you add the salsas. Charro beans very perfectly flavored. Brian's chorizo burrito was great and very large- he only ate half after all salsa and chips and beans. We walked out very happy ( with leftovers)- we will definitely be back!
Deb
Previous