Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Restaurant Gift Certificates

no avatar
User

Jenny H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:14 pm

Restaurant Gift Certificates

by Jenny H » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:24 am

I just wanted to mention to you all that there is a website that is connected to a TV show on Insight channel 2 called Dining with Steve. I have never actually seen the show, but after their showing they make available gift certificates to the restaurants reviewed. The values are $60 and $30 and you can buy them for $34 and $17 respectively. I don't have anything to do with the show, but I thought it would be a good way to try out a new restaurant for a discount! New availability is put up after the Monday at 7:00 pm showing. Hope this helps!

The only restrictions is that you can only purchase one certificate per week per restaurant, you can purchase up to 5 certificates per week, they expire in 3 months, not good for alcohol tax or tip, cannot be used on holidays, and they won't refund any amount not used.

Here is the website... http://www.diningwithsteve.com/thumbnail.asp?cid=51.
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:57 pm

Even better than that is http://www.restaurant.com. And there are a bunch of new Louisville restaurants on there right now. They're running a 60% off (the regular price of $10) promotion right now, so you can buy a $25 gift cert for $4.
no avatar
User

Lori M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:48 pm

East-End

by Lori M » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:35 am

Thanks for the tip! I do see that Kimi's is still on there........mmmm.....
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:05 am

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Don't buy that one! :roll: