Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Decca

no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Decca

by SilvioM » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:45 pm

Went there after the Bill Maher show. I had a fantastic homemade pasta dish with garlic and breadcrumbs -- delicious, but a bit on the small side. Potato side dish was great, and the cabbage was tasty, but a bit difficult to maneuver. My friend had the fried green tomatoes and that might've been the best on the table. Very good sauces and accompaniments with each dish. Not four stars, but a very good food experience. He had nice outside seating on the second floor and the basement bar, which we just stuck our heads in, was full at 10:30 with a cool atmosphere. They have jazz some nights, that would be fun to check out. All in all, a positive experience.

Driving Market and Bardstown Road to get home, it was interesting to see the Market places being a good bit fuller than the Bardstown Road restaurants in the late evening. With young kids, I don't get out much at that time of the night, but Market seemed to have the population edge last night, though the rain certainly kept people off of the Bardstown patios. Interesting.
no avatar
User

Trisha W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:51 am

Re: Decca

by Trisha W » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:53 am

Decca is a restaurant that, upon opening, was on my "gotta go" list. After having more than one group of friends (both those that live in Louisville and elsewhere) go there and offer me their reviews, we've never been. I've had four sets of friends all with the same complaint.....portion size is SMALL for the price. If it was just one person, I would have easily overlooked the complaint. Keep in mind, these people that I'm speaking of have money to spend (three of the four are doctors), so being "cheap" isn't what caused their complaint.
no avatar
User

Matt C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:21 pm

clifton

Re: Decca

by Matt C » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:27 am

We went to decca for my bday about a month ago its was good but I agree the portions,were small but the space was awsome and we loved there wine list ,it had some nice old world selections , but would not go back for dinner just wine and app s