Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Downtown Supermarket

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Downtown Supermarket

by James Natsis » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:08 pm

I always bought into the notion that there were no supermarkets in the downtown zone. However, I noticed that there is a Kroger at 2nd and Breckenridge, across from the Spaulding quadrangle. It took me about 4 minutes to drive from Kroger to the Convention Center (2 red lights included). Heck, one could easily walk to it from Broadway in just a few minutes.

Now some may say that it isn't nice enough. If that is the case, Kroger could rehab it and put this notion to rest.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Downtown Supermarket

by Suzi Bernert » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:24 pm

Actually, that Kroger has had a recent face lift. it is just so small, it is hard to stuff everything into it. It has vastly improved from the gauntlet of beggars, hookers and thugs in the parking lot you had to maneuver through to get to "Kroghetto". the Kroger folks want to replace it with a bigger market, but have not found the property yet. Either not for sale or the neighbors objected (they did when the former Cunningham's property was looked at. Now they have a half empty set of condos)
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:16 am

I suspect quite a few of us neighborhood types shop at the KroCardinal.
no avatar
User

Nimbus Couzin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:05 pm

by Nimbus Couzin » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:09 pm

And what about First Link on Liberty?
Dr. Nimbus Couzin