Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Incredible Dave's

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: Incredible Dave's

by James Natsis » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:49 pm

RonnieD wrote:Dave and Buster's is marketed as an adult playground, not a kid paradise like Chuck E Cheese. D&B is marketed to 20 somethings and the food/dining is at Applebee's level if not slightly fancier.

Not the same model at all.

Ok, Ronnie. I stand corrected on that point.

However, the food and beverage options are well above those offered at Chuck E Cheese and Fun Dome. The general ambiance is also more inviting to mom and dad than the other places, and during football and basketball season the kids can run around and I can follow the matches on the array of TV sets placed all over the bar area. I'd usually get a Blue Moon and we'd sometimes order a pizza. It worked well for me and my expectations called for nothing more.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 pm

The Highlands

by Doug Davis » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:05 am

James Natsis wrote:
Doug Davis wrote:
Bryan Shepherd wrote:Any word as to why it closed? I never went into the place, so I don't know if it was a decent restaurant/hang out or not.

Everything I heard about the place was bad. All the food was supposedly frozen and microwaved.

"I heard" 'supposedly" .....ok, this is good sourcing.

Incredible Dave's was not a destination dining choice. However, for those looking for a kids place first, and then perhaps a beer and pizza the place fared much better than Chuck E Cheese or Puzzle Fun Dome.

Dave and Busters shows that the model works. And I think it has its market niche.

James, glad you enjoyed it. Everyone I knew said the food was horrible, and that seems to be the consensus of others in the thread.
Different strokes for different folks and all.
I eat, therefore I am.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:54 am

Doug quote
"James, glad you enjoyed it. Everyone I knew said the food was horrible, and that seems to be the consensus of others in the thread. Different strokes for different folks and all."

That's right, Doug. We all see things through a different lens. In fact, this post made me think a bit about our views on food. Not only do we see things differently as individuals, but each individual sees things differently according to various situations. For example, this staunch francophile cringes at the general offerings of croissants in the area. However, my attitude changes on a hungry stomach on a morning drive when a Burger King breakfast croissant mysteriously sounds pretty darn good! Its like a cold February Saturday afternoon hanging out with the two little guys all day at home. Incredible Dave's looks pretty darn good by early evening! Beauty and nastiness is not only in the eyes of the beholder, but is according to the given beholder's mood and demeanor.
James J. Natsis
Previous