Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

Chef Anoosh is buying Henry's Place

by Steve H » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:59 pm

User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Re: Chef Anoosh is buying Henry's Place

by Deb Hall » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:12 pm

I so hope this deal goes through as planned! Anoosh is one of Louisville's best chefs ( and a great guy!)- it would be wonderful to have him back at the helm of of a great restaurant in Louisville. personally, I always wondered about the fit at Mesh- Anoosh is far too creative to be limited to a corporate menu with specials.

The East End could really use another great local restaurant , and this sounds like it will be very vegetarian/vegan friendly to boot. So excited to see this one become a reality. Congrats to Anoosh and Paula!
Deb
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:29 pm

Break out the jeans
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:24 pm

Yeah, he sent around a news release this morning. Here's the actual text of that communication:

Chef Anoosh Shariat to Acquire Henry’s Place

Chef Anoosh Shariat will return to his Brownsboro Road roots when he takes over operations of Henry’s Place at 4864 Brownsboro Road in Louisville, Kentucky. “I am excited at the opportunity to get back to a location on Brownsboro Road,” said Shariat, who owned and operated Shariat’s Restaurant on Brownsboro Road for ten years. “It will be like coming home.”

“Henry’s Place has established high culinary standards and a great reputation so I’m excited to continue and take it to the next level,” said Shariat, who is expected to assume operations of the 85-seat facility on August 11, 2014. Henry’s Place is located in Brownsboro Center at the junction of Rudy Lane, Brownsboro Road and the Watterson Expressway.

Chef Anoosh spent two years as a chef consultant in Charlotte, North Carolina including the opening of Baku Restaurant. He previously owned Browning’s Restaurant & Brewery and was the Executive Chef at Park Place Restaurant.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:14 pm

Exciting news! I wondered what was in the works when he suddenly stopped working with Mesh. This certainly sounds like a much better fit for him and the legal community will get to see what he is really capable of. :D
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:18 pm

JustinHammond wrote:Break out the jeans

I forgot about the restrictive dress code at Henry's Place, which I am assuming is what you're referencing here. Did they stick with that and enforce it? We went a few times, and I dressed up in deference to said code.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:07 am

Ha! :lol: Jay, I think you got it right, but when I read that I assumed Justin meant" the food will be so good I'll eat too much and need my comfortable jeans" .... :wink:
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

by Paula B » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:50 am

Thank you for your kind words. The deal at Henry's happened very quickly... For the moment, the menu is pretty much the same,,, but no dress code is in place.. We just want to have great food & service... Some changes will be coming in a few weeks. Yesterday was our first lunch & dinner service,, we look forward to seeing our hotbyte friends at Henry's Place.

Eat well!
Pb & Anoosh :D
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert

by Adam C » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:00 pm

JustinHammond wrote:Break out the jeans

Ha! I thought the same thing. The dress code is the reason I never tried the place.
no avatar
User

Susanne Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:55 pm

by Susanne Smith » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:57 pm

We welcome Chef Anoosh to the neighborhood. A "friendly atmosphere" was much needed to break the stuffy cloud that hung over that spot. We will be coming in asap. Very excited. Bill and Susi. Shady Lane Cafe.
no avatar
User

Greg R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:15 am

Crescent Hill

by Greg R. » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:18 am

We moved from Crescent Hills to Indian Hills about a year ago or so and have been disappointed in Henry's. Here it is, just about the only joint in the 'hood (Shady Lane we love, but fits a different mission) and you have to dress up? A whole neighborhood full of people that have to wear a suit and tie to work everyday now have to dress for dinner? If I'm going to go to all of that trouble I'm going to head downtown or wherever and make a night of it.

I will say the food was great, but it was also expensive and fussy. I'd say dinner for two for us averaged $125 or so. Certainly not something we would want to do a couple of times a week. Something like a Jack's Lounge would be perfect there, but is there enough space? Maybe you have to do something expensive to make the numbers work (?).

Hey, what do I know? I only know enough about the restaurant business not to get into it and respect those that do Good luck Chef Anoosh and welcome to the hood. We look forward to seeing what you come up with. Oh, and hang on to your bartenders, they are two of the best in town.
no avatar
User

Jason G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:18 pm

by Jason G » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:09 pm

I would never dine at a place that requires formal dress. Ever. Just seems way too pretentious.

I mean there are plenty of restaurants in town where you could dress up as much as you want and not be out of place. But the fact that is was required there just says to me "you are not our target audience."
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

by Paula B » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:11 am

Just a quick hello,, and to let everyone know there isn't a dress code at Henry's Place.. We have had a nice first week, and everyone is welcome to come with what they have on! Look forward to seeing our Hotbyte friends soon.
Cheers, pb :D
User

Steve A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:13 am

turn left

by Steve A » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:26 am

My darlin’ and I went to Henry’s Place for dinner earlier this week, and I can verify that the dress code has been relaxed (she was attired in a sassy skirt and blouse from LL Bean, while I mixed manly JC Penney casual slacks with a faux-linen shirt from Target’s Merona line).

I was frankly surprised at how welcoming and non-stuffy the restaurant is, considering reviews in the past that said otherwise. My guess is that that Anoosh’s presence has already had an effect on the place.

Service was friendly and efficient. The quality of the food, while still serving off the Henry’s menu, can stand up to any of the better restaurants in town. What really capped it off were the house-made desserts. I had a multi-layer raspberry buttercream cake, while Barbara’s banana crème pie figuratively knocked yer socks off.

We definitely look forward to seeing what changes Anoosh has in store when his name goes up on the sign.
"It ain't a matter of pork 'n beans that's gonna justify your soul
Just don't try to lay no boogie woogie on the king of rock and roll."
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:21 am

I'm with Steve- I had a wonderful lunch at Henry's place last week! We'd been to Henry's Place before, and the atmosphere is totally changed- very welcoming and inviting- not at all stuffy. Anoosh and Paula have quickly changed the tone of the place with their genuine hospitality.

My lemon sole with risotto was fantastic; the fish tender and moist, and the risotto and asparagus were both perfectly al dente. ( not easy to do). I found it very well-priced for the quality- my entree was $15 ( a fast casual salad across the street costs $11-12 any more.) The service was excellent and attentive. Overall very impressed!

Per Anoosh and Paula, more great changes in the works once the new business liquor license is approved- can't wait to see what they do with the place!
Deb
Next