Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Craft House rehab at old Darkstar moving along

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:43 am

Craft House, the BBC-run bistro and craft-beer watering hole (50 taps, whoa!) that’s taking over Darkstar’s former location at 2636 Frankfort Ave., is coming along nicely after a complete gut rehab. We wandered by there yesterday on the way to The Wine Rack next door and saw a lot of work going on. The front windows will open wide on mild evenings (a bit like the Mellow Mushroom concept), and it’s been opened up to a large space. They were just finishing a big outdoor sign on the wall when we dropped by, and it appears they’re aiming for a fall opening.

(They’re also wrangling with neighbors over the details of a planned shady patio out back, amid concerns about late-night noise and such, but here’s hoping that they’ll get this ironed out. It looks like it’s going to be a major destination.)

Here’s a link to the original HotBytes discussion ...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21822
no avatar
User

Eric Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: Craft House rehab at old Darkstar moving along

by Eric Hall » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:07 pm

I hope the food is a significant upgrade from the tired and neglected BBC offerings.

And 50 taps is ambitious. I hope they have enough business to turn them frequently.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Craft House rehab at old Darkstar moving along

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:53 pm

Eric Hall wrote:I hope the food is a significant upgrade from the tired and neglected BBC offerings.

And 50 taps is ambitious. I hope they have enough business to turn them frequently.

I think, based on second-hand info, that this is a separate team under BBC sponsorship. I've heard that they're excited and passionate about craft beer and local food. I hope it will show in their work. When that combination works, it can be awesome.