Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Seviche tops Volare, MBB, in HotBytes poll finals

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:07 am

The results are in, and at the end of a monthlong series of online polls, Seviche has claimed the crown in LouisvilleHotBytes’ Louisville Restaurants popularity poll for 2014, Seviche garnered 34 percent of the vote in the final poll, decisively outrunning second-place Volare, which had 18 percent. Mussel & Burger Bar ran a strong third at 11%, and Corbett’s and Holy Grale tied for fourth place with 7% each.

Trailing in the final poll, which ran for two weeks, are La Coop and Mayan Cafe (4%); DakShin, Rye and Wiltshire on Market (3%), and 610 Magnolia, Decca, MilkWood and Palermo Viejo (1%).

The most remarkable result of this poll to me is the way that it revealed the breadth and depth of Louisville’s restaurant scene. A total of 66 restaurants were in contention, and scores more could earn their way into this group on any given day. That’s mighty impressive for a medium-size metro. Let’s hear it for our town’s dining scene!

Following are the results of preliminary polls:

TOP 20: THREE VOTES OR MORE (20)
Seviche (10)
Mayan Cafe (9)
Decca (6)
Mussel & Burger Bar (6)
Rye (6)
Guaca Mole (5)
Harvest (5)
Palermo Viejo (5)
610 Magnolia (5)
Basa (4)
La Coop (4)
Volare (4)
Wiltshire on Market (4)
Asiatique (3)
Corbett's (3)
DakShin (3)
El Taco Luchador (3)
Holy Grale (3)
MilkWood (3)
Proof on Main (3)

RECEIVED TWO VOTES (14)
Bistro 1860
Blue Dog Bakery
Buck's
Charim
Hammerheads
Havana Rumba
Jack Fry's
Lilly's
Loop 22
Mojito
Papalino's
Selena's
Varanese
Vietnam Kitchen

RECEIVED ONE VOTE (32)
August Moon
Bourbons Bistro
Brasserie Provence
The Brewery
Cafe Lou Lou
Coals
Ditto's
Eiderdown
El Camino
El Molcajete
El Mundo
Equus
Game
Gralehaus
Hillbilly Tea
Jasmine
Limestone
Majid’s
Marketplace
Mirage
Nam Nam Cafe
Ollie's Trolley
Ramsi's
Roots
Saffron’s
Safier
Simply Thai
St. Charles Exchange
Stevens & Stevens
Thai Café
Village Anchor
Wasabiya
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

Re: Seviche tops Volare, MBB, in HotBytes poll finals

by RonnieD » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:40 am

Not surprised about Seviche. They've been laying the (solid) foundation for being the "go-to" restaurant in the city for years now. They are consistently on point. Well done.

The shockers to me are Jack Fry's and Havana Rumba. I would have put HR much higher and I'm pleasantly surprised to see that JF hasn't hung around at the top just on the back of it's historical reputation. The times I've been to JF, I have been less than impressed with any part of the experience. The one-vote list is full of shockers as well.

An interesting poll, there Robin. We should make this an annual thing and see where the trends go.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:07 am

RonnieD wrote:An interesting poll, there Robin. We should make this an annual thing and see where the trends go.

In fairness, I think we need to recognize that this is far from scientific. The final vote involves a relatively small number of participants and probably doesn't have much statistical significance. Still, it gives us a sense of the group-think and zeitgeist of a group of particularly crazed Louisville foodies at this point in time. :lol:

And I do think that anyone interested in sampling the best of Louisville's food scene could take the entire list of 66 and browse through it at leisure.
User

Anthony Lamas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:41 pm

by Anthony Lamas » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:08 pm

Thank you LOUISVILLE!

I'm not a fan of ballot stuffing polls or contest, but this poll is from people that have to register with real names (no more drive by shootings) or should I say foodie people with real names! There are a lot of polls out there or reviews that are written by friends, family and even people themselves! I see all these different best of this and that, but they really don't mean much....I appreciate something like this more then other polls, because this is the people that support the Louisville restaurant scene and they are the people we cook for day in and day out. Though this poll is a reflection of many different peoples opinion, it is still a great feeling to know that the city we belong to thinks of Seviche as one of the best restaurants in Louisville! I am very blessed to be surrounded with the people I have at Seviche and I constantly say it, but I'm nothing without the team we have! The team continues to push forward day in and day out, and we strive for perfection everyday, whether it's the food we create or the cleaning we do at the end of the night. I'm constantly pushing myself and my team on a daily basis! We refuse to settle for mediocrity and are always trying to push the envelope! Thank you Louisville for supporting so many great restaurants in our amazing city! I am proud to be just a small "pea in a pod" of the Louisville restaurant scene!

Muchas Gracias y Buen Provecho!
Anthony Lamas and the team behind Seviche

#spicingupthesouth
no avatar
User

Mike L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:58 am

by Mike L » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:02 pm

I wish I had seen this sooner. I'd have given another vote to Jack Fry's. Also I'm surprised Comeback Inn didn't get any votes. I've never had a bad meal there, and never heard of anyone not liking anything they ordered.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:21 pm

Mike L wrote:I wish I had seen this sooner.

We'll probably do it again next year, Mike! It's really a popularity poll, not large enough numbers (or rigorously designed) to be truly meaningful, but given that it samples a group of wild-eyed foodies, I'd say top 5 or 20 places confer some bragging rights at least!
User

Anthony Lamas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:41 pm

by Anthony Lamas » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:11 pm

Sure it's meaningful!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:19 pm

Anthony Lamas wrote:Sure it's meaningful!

:mrgreen: