Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Torilleria Y Taqueia Ramirez

no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Torilleria Y Taqueia Ramirez

by SilvioM » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:46 pm

Has anyone been to this Lexington place? According to 538, it has the best burrito in the south, if not the country:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/get- ... t-burrito/

Can any locals comment as to whether or not it's worth the stop when in Lex?
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

Re: Torilleria Y Taqueia Ramirez

by Iggy C » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:57 pm

I was curious about this myself, but I hadn't thought to ask here. Thanks for posting this. Sadly I've not had a super-memorable burrito in Louisville. Upscale places like El Camino, Guaca-Mole and Mayan Cafe don't do them; and the Mexican-run places and taco trucks don't focus on them, even if they do have them. Any recommendations there?
no avatar
User

Dan E

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:35 am

by Dan E » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:08 pm

Guaca Mole does actually serve burritos, as of relatively recently
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:13 pm

Iggy C wrote: the Mexican-run places and taco trucks don't focus on them, even if they do have them. Any recommendations there?

Lolita's on Poplar Level just north of the Watterson does an LA Chicano-style burrito that reminds me of distant memories of eating that stuff there back in the '70s. I have no idea if this is what you're looking for, but burritos of that particular genre is basically what they do.