Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Seviche on Goose Creek

User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Seviche on Goose Creek

by Gayle DeM » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:44 pm

Seven of us forumites ( Bill Veneman, Gary F., Suzi Bernert, Richard M., and Gina and Tom Holstein) met at Seviche at Goose Creek for the Second Tuesday Dinner Group. Oh what fun! The food was awesome; the service impeccable. ( I wish I could remember our server's name. :( ) Anthony is giving Majid a real run for the title of Louisville Host with the Most! The restaurant setting has been so cleverly redone, that it is hard to envision its past as a Hungry Pelican.

Our meal started with two complimentary appetizers: calamari rings and duck breast of skewers. I am definitely going to have to add Seviche at Goose Creek to my growing list of Louisville restaurants with "to-die-for" calamari - tender, not chewy, lightly crumbed with a two sauces, one that was very akin to mojo. The only complaint was two few tentacles (I think are the best part.)

We ordered a variety of mojitos, appetizers, seviches, a salad, entrees, wine and coffee and passed quite of few of them around for all to taste, with each bite near surpassing the previous. I would be hard pressed to say which was the tastiest. Although we did manage to get in quite a bit of conversation, I know that we all were eating like we had not touched food in days.

I certainly hit the jackpot with my choices. I ordered the escargot, a crawfish seviche, and the feijoada, a Brazilian meat stew with black beans and rice. They were all so near to perfection that it will be difficult for me to force my self to try other items from the menu when I go back. The feijoada has got to be the ultimate in comfort food. (And, yes, I had plenty to take home for Wednesday's meals!)

Thank you, Anthony, for a remarkable evening. Like Macarthur, I will return! I am certain that I speak for the rest of the group as well. Also thank you, Gary, for your gifts homemade-spiced nuts that you shared with everyone.

P.S. We missed you Michele, Mike and Robert.
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

2nd that

by Bill Veneman » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:01 pm

Gayle, you beat me to the post.....I've been so snowed under that I've not had time to write it!

Jeremy was our server....and a GRAND job he did.

What an incredable evening........

I too had the escargot, but I had a flat iron steak special that was served with asparagus and mild green chili mashed potatoes....OH MY.

For dessert, the most incredable, creamy, decidant flan that I've tasted in YEARS.

Anthony, ya done good, kid!
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Seviche on Goose Creek

by Robin Garr » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:11 pm

Gayle DeM wrote:Seven of us forumites ( Bill Veneman, Gary F., Suzi Bernert, Richard M., and Gina and Tom Holstein) met at Seviche at Goose Creek for the Second Tuesday Dinner Group. Oh what fun!

Thanks for a splendid review, Gayle!

One of these months, Mary and I have just got to make it out to join you guys.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:29 pm

It was such a treat to finally get a chance to meet and chat with you all- I had a great time. I know Chef Anthony was pleased that you chose Seviche. I love the food, but then again I am a bit prejudiced since I work there.
I promised Tom that I would post the nut receipe- I will do that later today.
User

Anthony Lamas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:41 pm

by Anthony Lamas » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:21 pm

It was my pleasure! It's because of people like you all, that we in this buisness, do what we do. It is truly my labor of love. Please say hello, when any of you are in again. Muchas gracias y buen provecho!
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:18 pm

the Highlands

by Gretchen D. » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:37 pm

Gayle DeM wrote: Anthony is giving Majid a real run for the title of Louisville Host with the Most! ...

I am definitely going to have to add Seviche at Goose Creek to my growing list of Louisville restaurants with "to-die-for" calamari

I'll second Anthony being the "Louisville Host with the Most"! I always feel like I've been invited into his home whenever we dine at Seviche.

And the "to-die-for" calamari is also on the Seviche Bardstown Rd. menu... our family shared it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I have been wanting an entire plate for myself ever since!!! It gets my "best calamari" vote because the marinated peppers served with it are so addictive, too!

I might have to try and get a sitter this weekend.... :)
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:18 pm

the Highlands

by Gretchen D. » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:38 pm

Gayle DeM wrote: Anthony is giving Majid a real run for the title of Louisville Host with the Most! ...

I am definitely going to have to add Seviche at Goose Creek to my growing list of Louisville restaurants with "to-die-for" calamari

I'll second Anthony being the "Louisville Host with the Most"! I always feel like I've been invited into his home whenever we dine at Seviche.

And the "to-die-for" calamari is also on the Seviche Bardstown Rd. menu... our family shared it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I have been wanting an entire plate for myself ever since!!! It gets my "best calamari" vote because the marinated peppers served with it are so addictive, too!

I might have to try and get a sitter this weekend.... :)