Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Lamas hosts “Southern Heat” preview dinner Aug. 25

by Robin Garr » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:08 pm

Chef Anthony Lamas hosts “Southern Heat” preview dinner Aug. 25

Seviche will host a dinner featuring dishes from Chef/Owner Anthony Lamas’ soon-to-be-published cookbook, “Southern Heat, My Life Through Food,” on Monday, Aug. 25. There’ll be a reception at 6 p.m. followed by dinner at 7. The seven-course dinner, with drink pairings, is $95 per person, not including tax or tip. For reservations call 473-8560. (Credit card information is required.)

The menu will feature local producers, all invited to join in the evening Chef Matt Jamie, Bourbon Barrel Foods; Nansy Newsom, Col Bill Newson’s Aged Kentucky Country Ham; Brooke Eckmann, Ambrosia Farm, and Chris Morris, master distiller at Woodford Reserve. Chef Trey Dutton of Palmetto Bluff will offer samples of his Southern Keep small-batch pickles and preserves. Gwen and Roger Pratesi, writer and photographer for Southern Heat, will also be there.

The cookbook, Lamas’ first, will be published next year. Lamas said it “explores the details of my culinary journey. This dinner is the perfect way to bring light to all the talented people who have influenced me along the way.”

First Course:
Ambrosia Farm heirloom tomato celebration with Gwen’s tomato pie, tomato aspic, Bourbon Barrel Foods seas salt, Capriole goat cheese and cheddar crackers.

Second course:
Lobster seviche with coconut, Bluegrass soy sauce, lemongrass and bourbon-ginger granita.

Third course:
Sweet tea-brined Manchester Farm quail with Bourbon Barrel Foods sorghum, grilled peaches, Col. Bill Newsom’s Aged Kentucky Country Ham and arugula.

Fourth course:
Sea scallop with Carolina gold rice, Sea Island red peas and Col. Bill Newsom’s aged Kentucky Country Ham demi-glace.

Fifth course:
Lemon-tomato sorbet with Ambrosia Farm heirloom tomato-jalapeño water and thyme.

Sixth course:
Woodford Reserve award-winning pork tenderloin with chipotle-orange barbecue sauce, Manchego country ham grits, Ambrosia Farm sweet corn salsa and summer squash.

Seventh course:
Woodford Reserve tres leches with bourbon-brown butter ice cream and frozen Bourbon Barrel Foods sea-salt caramel popcorn.
User

Anthony Lamas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:41 pm

Re: Lamas hosts “Southern Heat” preview dinner Aug. 25

by Anthony Lamas » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:52 pm

Thank you Robin!

I'm super stoked about this dinner....some amazing people to meet and greet with! These people are what make what I do possible....some like to call chefs rock stars, I disagree....the farmers, artisans and producers are the rock stars!