Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Tamales

no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Re: Tamales

by Deb Hall » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:36 am

Welcome to the Forum, Silvio- glad to have you join in! :D
You were in the right strip center, that's the market. To the right facing the market, at the very end of the strip, is a tortilla factory/ bakery. The Tamales were in the tortilla factory building, just inside the door in a small freezer case on the left. Directly under a catalog showing all the characters birthday cakes they can make to order.

There weren't tons ( probably 10-20 packages when I was there)- I'm guessing they are made/ delivered once a week. Usually when I'm getting tortillas, there is a young cashier with excellent English there. If for some reason they are out when you go again, you might ask when they get them in.

Let us know what you think of them. I'm tempted to go back and try the pollo, but I'm drowning in seasonal produce right now and more Mexican will have to wait. :wink:
Deb
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Re: Tamales

by SilvioM » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:57 pm

Thanks, I completely missed it. I'll try again next time I'm in the area.
Previous