Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Unencumbered galleries

no avatar
User

Spam-canned

Unencumbered galleries

by Spam-canned » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:35 pm

KAPOW!
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

Re: Unencumbered galleries

by Steve H » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:38 pm

:shock:

I would like to welcome our first Facebook poster!
:lol:
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:58 pm

[blowing smoke off pistol]

The odd thing, Steve, is that it wasn't a Facebook login. The new system supposedly allows self-login ONLY from Facebook, using your own Facebook account and username. This one didn't come in that way. Apparently the system has a not-quite-hidden back door. We'll watch and see whether it's an ongoing problem or a rarity, and if it happens again, maybe call the techies back in.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:26 pm

Spam-canned wrote:KAPOW!

Also, the username doesn't fit the criteria that has been the norm around here. Hopefully, users will still be required to use their name not something no identifiable like this. Or is this what appears when the user has been deleted as a spammer?
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:39 pm

Mark R. wrote:
Spam-canned wrote:KAPOW!

Also, the username doesn't fit the criteria that has been the norm around here. Hopefully, users will still be required to use their name not something no identifiable like this. Or is this what appears when the user has been deleted as a spammer?

I changed the name, Mark. It was a more typical spammer name, pretty much like a graffiti tag ... a collection of letters not in English or any other known language. That's how I know it didn't come in through Facebook, where you're supposed to use your real name and even those who want to game the system generally use real words in their fake names. I've seen a "Doc De Pravity" and a "Mal Adroit" floating around over there, probably staying just a few steps ahead of the law. :lol: