Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Best of the best from HotBytes Top 20!

Poll ended at Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:08 am

610 Magnolia
1%
Asiatique
No votes
Basa
No votes
Corbett's
7%
DakShin
3%
Decca
1%
El Taco Luchador
No votes
Guaca Mole
No votes
Harvest
No votes
Holy Grale
7%
La Coop
4%
Mayan Cafe
4%
MilkWood
1%
Mussel & Burger Bar
11%
Palermo Viejo
1%
Proof on Main
No votes
Rye
3%
Seviche
34%
Volare
18%
Wiltshire on Market
3%

Total votes : 71
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: POLL: Best of the best from HotBytes Top 20!

by Robin Garr » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:09 am

Steve Kluesner wrote:Can't say I have had too many bad experiences in Louisville and look forward to many more trips.

Glad you enjoyed your visit, Steve. Come back any time!
User

TimT

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 10, 2011 4:43 pm

West of the Mississippi

by TimT » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:46 am

JustinHammond wrote:The votes for Volare surprise me. I've been 4 times and I've never been blown away with the food. It has also been good, just not great. What am I missing?

As Robin said it's a matter of taste, but more. It's rare to find an Italian, highly rated Michelin restaurant for example. I believe Mario Batali stated he was trying to create the first three star Italian restaurant with Babbo in New York City.

It's not cutting-edge cuisine but it is well executed dishes in everything they do along with outstanding service and ambiance. For me it's tops because I could dine there every night more so than at the many other outstanding restaurants in Louisville. In terms of "if I could only dine at one restaurant for my last meal", then, I would probably have voted for Seviche.
"I dined at my favorite restaurant last night. It was like Heaven, only better. They let me in".
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:57 am

Last call! :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:01 am

Since there is a lot of discussion of Volare, I'm adding a comment.

I think the food is the finest Italian in the city, and the service is wonderful. I just find it hard to vote for a "best of the best" when with the live music playing (and often when it isn't!) we find it too loud to have a conversation at the table.

For food alone there are several options on the list that I could vote for, and including service the list is still rather long, but I went down to also having a quiet, relaxing ambience and voted for Corbett's!

As was said in the beginning, it all depends on my mood that night, as sometimes we're looking for a lively and/or noisy atmosphere, but I'm sticking with my vote.
Andrew Mellman
Previous