Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Watch How This Supermarker Got People To Buy Their Trash

by Gayle DeM » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:21 pm

WOW! I am all for locally grown produce. However, not all produce can be locally graown. This shows there is something else to think while trying to be ecologically smart.

http://www.thisismarvelous.com/i/198-Wa ... heir-Trash
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Watch How This Supermarker Got People To Buy Their Trash

by Mark R. » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:40 pm

I used to shop at that supermarket chain while living in France and they were always quite environmentally conscious. From minimalistic packaging to promoting locally grown and produced products they were always in the lead compared to other supermarkets in France. Seeing them doing this doesn't seem out of place for them at all!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:41 pm

Ummmm...was that the link you meant to use? That link took me to the clip about "inglorious fruits and vegetables " and the fight against food waste. It was a great clip however. It makes sense to do what they did rather than throw away all that produce.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Re: Watch How This Supermarket Got People To Buy Their Trash

by Gayle DeM » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:52 pm

I'm sorry, Carla. When I click on the url it takes me to the correct page. Don't know what else to say.

Sounds like it took Mark to the correct page.

The first paragraph begins,
Eating 5 fruits and vegetables a day can seem like a difficult task if you aren't counting fries within that number.

The article is about fruits and vegetables, non-perfect ones that is that many supermarkets "trash."
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:34 am

Ok, it took me to the proper link. I was looking for something in the link to address the "not all produce can be locally grown" train of thought. Great clip however, I wish more stores would follow suit.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson