Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

Re: Stepping out of the food truck

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:23 am

I wish both of the folks involved in this spat could cut each other a little slack and realize there's some clash of subcultures going on. The ABT term is a product of the BBQ subculture, which is mostly filled with hobbyists and home cooks who don't have to worry about what others think of their food and can use a name like that which they find amusingly irreverent. Ronnie's coming from the restaurant-industry subculture, where everything is (rightly) done with the customer in mind.

Chris probably should have thought about how a name like that might translate outside the BBQ world, and Ronnie could have been helpful if he'd contained his revulsion and simply said, "Hey, you might want to think about how that might not be the most appealing name for a menu item now that you're stepping into the B&M restaurant world."
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:30 pm

Robin Garr wrote:... I'd prefer not to flush a discussion...

Made me laugh. :D
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:51 pm

Jay M. wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:... I'd prefer not to flush a discussion...

Made me laugh. :D

It's a special pleasure when someone gets one of my puns. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Chris Williams

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:44 pm

by Chris Williams » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:02 pm

Who knew a menu item could cause so much drama?? I guess at this point i have to go with the old saying that all press is good press. I sincerely hope people will come out give us a shot and try the turds or any of our other offerings. Food is supposed to be a fun, pleasurable thing and I feel I've succeeded in the fun part already with giving people a thing to talk about/poke fun at now all that's left is for folks to come out and enjoy the pleasurable part. I have to wonder though, what if I'd just called them ABTs, would all of these comments have been asking what it stands for?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:09 pm

Chris Williams wrote: I have to wonder though, what if I'd just called them ABTs, would all of these comments have been asking what it stands for?

Probably! :oops:

In case it's been lost in the noise, though, Chris, we really do offer you best wishes in this venture. ABTs and all!
Previous