Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Best of Louisville winners out ...

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Best of Louisville winners out ...

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:12 pm

Of course it's a popularity contest, but if you're a Louisville foodie, you've gotta look! :lol: Congrats to Loop 22, voted Best New Restaurant.

Here's the full list:

http://www.louisville.com/content/best- ... -announced
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Best of Louisville winners out ...

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:15 pm

Other top winners: Best Fine Dining Restaurant: Jack Fry's; Best Local Chef: Edward Lee; Best Restaurant Atmosphere: Village Anchor; Best Restaurant Worth the Wait: Mussel and Burger Bar.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:38 pm

I always have a good laugh about these awards. They are nothing but popularity awards and has always been a suspicion that several local restaurants stuff the ballot box. :roll: I'm really not sure how prestigious it is to win one of these although some places seem to pride themselves in getting them.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Nora Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Clifton

by Nora Boyle » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:09 pm

Well I don't know how prestigious it is, but as we didn't know we were receiving it until the issue was about to come out I can assure you that no ballot stuffing occurred. I'll continue to be proud of it as a lot of Louisville peeps read it. And I never object to winning a popularity contest! (Although miss universe continues to elude me.)