Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

New life coming to old Baxter Station

by Lonnie Turner » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:09 pm

I was riding my bike back from the Poorcastle fest at Apocalypse Brewing about 3:15 today when I spotted a commercial cargo truck in front of the old Baxter Station. A work crew was there and I spoke with a friendly, loquacious gentleman heading the team. He told me he's started work remodeling the place for his sister, who owned DeVino's downtown. Plans are gelling, likely to be pub / American cuisine with an eye to being open for lunch until late at night. The latter, he says, to fill a gap in service in this town as there are few places open very late. No name yet, at least none he shared, but he figures it'll be ready to go in about two months.
He showed me around inside a bit, in the old dining areas, bar and kitchen. It's like King Tut's tomb, apparently locked up by the authorities exactly as it was on the last day of business. There's a musty odor and a layer of dust on everything including the bottles in the fully stocked bar. The new proprietor has also recruited a cook from one of the more fine dining establishments in town.
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

Re: New life coming to old Baxter Station

by Carol C » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:37 pm

Thanks Lonnie! We drove by there this afternoon and it looked like there was activity in the building. As much as we miss Baxter Station, glad to see something going into the great space!
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:12 am

+1
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Andrew Hutto

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:38 pm

by Andrew Hutto » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:19 pm

The proprty has been illegally entered, doors left open ,property set out in the alley. Basiacally criminal trespassing, theft of property, illegal entry among a multitude of violations exhibited by arrogant purchasers with total disregard of the law. To his credit, the electrition, left immediateltly after being shown case law after that has been cited by purchasing a property being purchased at a commioners sale.The current puchaser cant seem to get the concept that he, his representatives or employees have no rights to even be on the property. They have boarded up doors and windows, removed equipment, and posted notes on windows about tresspassing when they are exactly guilty of that behavior under commissioners law. The deed has not been transferred. They have no right to bee on the property whatsoever.
no avatar
User

Andrew Hutto

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Andrew Hutto » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:26 pm

Sorry.. Be. But they have totally pissed me, yanked out my ten year old rose bushes, planter boxes, air conditioners, etc. these guys are used to having their way, seem totally entitled. We will see how it plays out. Just saying...
no avatar
User

Andrew Hutto

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Andrew Hutto » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:28 pm

Sorry.. Be not bee but they have totally pissed me, yanked out my ten year old rose bushes, planter boxes, air conditioners, etc. these guys are used to having their way, seem totally entitled. We will see how it plays out. Just saying...
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert

by Adam C » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:25 am

Anyone have an update on this?
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

by Steve H » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:50 am

User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:00 pm

link is not working for me. It's blind-linking me to other pages.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:06 pm

Apparently the WDRB site went down during the night. The ipad version still works, but the site comes up with a placeholder page on my laptop.
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:25 pm

Whoa, it gets worse: Chrome redirects me to this:

High Risk Website Blocked
Location: http://zd.zeroredirect2.com/zcredirect? ... cted=false
Access has been blocked as the threat Mal/HTMLGen-A has been found on this website.
Return to the page you were previously viewing.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:25 pm

Steve, can you give us the gist of what the article said? Elevator summary? :mrgreen:
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

by Steve H » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:32 pm

Yeah, WDRB.com has been having some issues that haven't been explained as yet. I think they forgot to re-up their domain registration. It started working for me again late this morning. I suspect it will work for everyone else again shortly as the DNS servers synchronize again.

For reference, I'll paste the article here with the idea of deleting it once WDRB.com is accessible to everyone again....

<article removed now that WDRB.com is back>

Here's the link again for convenience.
Last edited by Steve H on Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:45 pm

Steve H wrote:...[posted article says:] it might look similar to Shenanigan’s on Norris Place when finished.

The owner will have to do destruction rather than construction to get the place to look like Shenanigans (I like Shenanigans, though).
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:09 am

I wish these people well with their endeavor but their menu doesn't sound very interesting to me. At least Baxter Station had a more interesting menu. I'm not trekking in from OC for just another baked potato or a burger. :roll:
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson