Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: steakhouse on Shelbyville Road????

by Robin Garr » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:20 am

Lonnie Turner wrote:[The only Jeff landmark in the steak arena I can think of was Babby's.

Lonnie, no, this was definitely Frank's. I don't know Jeff all that well, but this was over on the Clarksville side of the city, and - at least according to my wife, who had friends over there in college - it was around for a long time. I think it's gone now, but both the original and the short-lived branch we're talking about were more in the model of Pat's ... definitely with booze.
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

by Lonnie Turner » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:03 pm

Robin Garr wrote:...this was definitely Frank's.

Well, duh! Thanks for the reminder. Yes, there was another local landmark and your friend is right, it was around a long time but I don't remember when they opened. They closed, I believe, in 2008. Frank's was at 520 West Seventh Street, off the beaten path but not far.
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

by Ellen P » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:57 am

Before those places, the original restaurant was Langtrys. It was the Ballantine home before that. Before Hurstbourne went through. Boone gardiner nursery was there where Hurstbourne is.
Previous