Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Steve Kluesner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:37 pm

So. Indiana

Looking for Italian.....

by Steve Kluesner » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:00 pm

kid friendly, casual, unique

any suggestions???
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Looking for Italian.....

by Mark R. » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:09 pm

Buco di Beppo on Hurstbourne would probably fit that very nicely as would the Old Spaghetti Factory downtown on Market Street.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Steve Kluesner

{ RANK }

Foodie

So. Indiana

by Steve Kluesner » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:13 pm

Been to both of those places. Want something new. Is Cafe Lou Lou as good family place?
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

by Carol C » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:24 pm

Cafe Lou Lou is definitely "kid friendly"! They have pasta with red sauce or pasta with cheese and butter (our grandkid's favorite). Also, small regular pizzas or they will do them on a lavash for thin crust. Great idea and kids are always welcomed there!!!
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

by Carol C » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:29 pm

Just FYI, our grandkids also love Boom Bozz! They have a children's menu with pasta and pizza choices. Also, a Rice Krispie Treat at the end!!!
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:21 am

Steve Kluesner wrote: Is Cafe Lou Lou as good family place?

Steve, I hope you ended up at Lou Lou. Dessert special this weekend was German Chocolate cake. Lou Lou loves kids - we have coloring pages and crayons and high chairs when necessary. If you didn't come this weekend, please put us on the list for next time.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Steve Kluesner

{ RANK }

Foodie

So. Indiana

by Steve Kluesner » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:00 pm

We did go to Cafe Lou Lou and we really enjoyed. We live about 75 miles west of Louisville and we love coming to Louisville for so many reasons. We try to pick a new place each time but sometimes we go back to the ones we have enjoyed in the past. Cafe Lou Lou will be one of those we return to for the food and service.

We had the Shrimp and Grits and Cheesy Garlic Bread for starters.....both excellent choices. They split an order of spaghetti and meatbals for our kids which is so nice. I had the pasta jambalya and it was very good....not too spicy but just enough for you to feel it. Our waiter was very nice and helpful as well as the rest of the staff.

Thanks for a great experience Cafe Lou Lou!!!!
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:47 pm

On behalf of Chef Clay Wallace and the whole staff: You're welcome! Come back anytime :D
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:50 am

Getting back to the original post, Tuscany Italian is way out on the other side of town, a shopping center storefront at 165 Outer Loop, near New Cut Road. Oddly, it's run by a Mexican family. But it's very good family Italian at affordable prices, kid-friendly and meets all the criteria of the OP.

I'd also mention DiFabio's Casapela, 2311 Frankfort Ave. It's casual and serves very well-made Italian-American immigrant family fare. You can get a bit of sticker shock, though, if you get crazy with apps, side dishes, wine and desserts.

Has anyone tried Adrienne's in Jeffersonville? I hear good things, but have yet to get over there.
no avatar
User

Adrian Baldwin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Louisville, KY

by Adrian Baldwin » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:57 pm

Comeback Inn for me wins every time in this category...
User

Don Wagaman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:05 am

by Don Wagaman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:14 pm

Too bad we lost Le Gallo Rosso - good tasty red sauces and a very unique salad stye...
Attachments
GalloRosso.jpg
GalloRosso.jpg (97.65 KiB) Viewed 3534 times
gastrobubba

I come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage. - Erma Bombeck
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

by Gary Guss » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:28 pm

Puccinis smiling teeth is very kid friendly in Shelbyville Rd Plaza close to Trader Joes http://www.puccinis-lville.com/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:13 pm

Don Wagaman wrote:Too bad we lost Le Gallo Rosso - good tasty red sauces and a very unique salad stye...

Isn't Annette going to keep it open until July 26, though?
User

Don Wagaman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:05 am

by Don Wagaman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:40 pm

I believe that is correct... :D
gastrobubba

I come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage. - Erma Bombeck
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

by Lonnie Turner » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:45 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Has anyone tried Adrienne's in Jeffersonville? I hear good things, but have yet to get over there.

Went once for a lunch on the way back from the LAC in Clarksville. To me it was quite a charming place while stopping short of twee. It stuck in memory they played the first Pink Floyd, i.e, "Piper At The Gates Of Dawn". That was welcome, you don't hear that often. But I was up for a lighter lunch so I got the half sandwich (turkey club) & soup of the day, which was tomato basil. The sandwich was good and the soup was more akin to tomato basil pudding! It was among the heartiest soups I've ever had. Quite a value as well, too bad they're not open for dinner hours. I want to go back sometime for more of a focus on the Italian side with my wife. I expect to lure her with the carrot of another walk over the Big Four Bridge as that stretch of Court Ave. is just as close as the Spring Street row that is the focus of pedestrian / bike travel.
Next