Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Smart phones.

User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

Smart phones.

by Steve H » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:46 am

Is there anything they can't screw up? Maybe they are causing your long wait time.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Smart phones.

by Mark R. » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:39 pm

I'm not surprised that this is happening in restaurants. It happens everyplace else from driving to shopping etc.. The only advantage is that it's not dangerous in a restaurant compared to driving! It actually puts the restaurant in a bad position. They can either not provide Wi-Fi and lose potential customers because of that or listen to the complaints of customers about longer service and wait times! Too bad that all customers don't read this article.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:23 pm

After years of avoiding this societal curse I recently had to replace my "basic" phones and it was actually less expensive to go with a "smart device" than to replace old tried and true. Well it wasn't a week before I caught myself "thumbing" my "device" in some restaurant, as opposed to paying attention to the people I was dining with...I make a point now of leaving the damn thing in the car when I'm out somewhere that it would be rude or inappropriate to use it.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

by Steve H » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:15 pm

Yeah, they can be addictive.
:oops:
no avatar
User

Rob Coffey

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:17 pm

by Rob Coffey » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:06 pm

Steve P wrote:After years of avoiding this societal curse I recently had to replace my "basic" phones and it was actually less expensive to go with a "smart device" than to replace old tried and true. Well it wasn't a week before I caught myself "thumbing" my "device" in some restaurant, as opposed to paying attention to the people I was dining with...I make a point now of leaving the damn thing in the car when I'm out somewhere that it would be rude or inappropriate to use it.

If random stuff on the internet is more interesting that the table conversation, it isnt the internets fault.

I blame the people Im with, because I know Im interesting. :lol: :lol: :lol: