Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Cajun spot replacing Le Gallo Rosso

by Robin Garr » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:27 pm

Steve Shade wrote:I see nothing greedy, disloyal or improper about accepting a five year lease since he has to pay taxes, maintain the building, and possibly a mortgage if it sits empty.

Well, it wasn't sitting empty. Annette was making the monthly payments and running the business. That's not in doubt. :roll:

Beyond that, I already said this:

Some dude apparently just flapping his gums wrote: if I were ever in a commercial sale negotiation, I'd try my best to look beyond the landlord to the previous lease-holder to ensure that full communication was taking place and that no one was going to get a nasty surprise.

Should I have used smaller words? :lol:
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:39 pm

Wow, Robin, heavy with the snark today. It's only July 11, save some for the end of the month. :shock:
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 pm

RonnieD wrote:Wow, Robin, heavy with the snark today. It's only July 11, save some for the end of the month. :shock:

Good point! One wouldn't want to run low. 8)
no avatar
User

Nora Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Clifton

by Nora Boyle » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:21 pm

So is Staggers leaving Monkey Wrench to open his own place? I've had good and bad at the Wrench. Wonder if he's doing both.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:18 am

Nora Boyle wrote:So is Staggers leaving Monkey Wrench to open his own place? I've had good and bad at the Wrench. Wonder if he's doing both.

Both, but not alone ... he'll have a good sous in the kitchen at both places, as I understand it. I hope he'll check in here soon, now that things are calming down. :)
Previous