Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Just be aware

User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Just be aware

by Suzi Bernert » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:45 pm

In the years i was in EMS, i saw asthma, ADHD and allergy diagnosis's grow exponentially. When I was a kid, we had the one wheezy kid in class, now 1/3 are. Many years ago, I cooked one summer at a camp that got Dept. of Agriculture surplus foods. We got a ton of peanuts and peanut butter, hid it in everything. No problem. Now half the class is allergic to peanuts. There may be a correlation to our raising our kids in a "clean room" environment. :?
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Just be aware

by Steve P » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:30 pm

Steve H wrote:...When we grew up. every kid played outside and actually got dirty and even played in the mud. Imagine that! Playing in actual mud! We were "free range" children. I know the kids in my neighborhood growing-up were all over the place and into everything, and I was right there with them.

These days, kids can't do anything outside without adult supervision, so they are hardly ever outside. ANd when they are, it's some organized activity ...

THIS....times about a million. :?
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
Previous