Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Georgia Peaches coming Thursday

no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Georgia Peaches coming Thursday

by Deb Hall » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:35 pm

A friend ( thanks, Catherine!) sent me an email that The Peach Truck is coming to Louisville this Thursday. Their peaches are from Pearson Farm, Georgia. I buy alot of of our local peaches ( particularly Bray's), but great Georgia peaches are a whole different animal. I'm getting some for eating, freezing and ( small) canning, and thought others might be interested. I do not know if they sell wholesale to the industry.

Here's the info from the Brownsboro Hardware email:

Thursday, July 10th 11:30-1:00pm ONLY
Brownsboro Hardware parking lot ( Windy Hills)

25lbs for $38 ( $1.52 lb)
http://thepeachtruck.com

If you want more info, contact info for them is on their website. They were very prompt in responding to my question of whether you need to pre- order ( you don't ).

Deb
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Georgia Peaches coming Thursday

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:30 pm

FYI, Paul's has had Georgia peaches for about a month now, and while they sometimes need a day or two on the counter to reach perfection, they're mighty good. And I say this as a person who refuses to eat peaches at all outside the May-to-September season when regional peaches are available.