Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Discussion of Robin Garr's Eggs Over Frankfort review

by Robin Garr » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:10 am

Eggs Over Frankfort Rings Diner-Style Breakfast Bell
Voice-Tribune review by Robin Garr

Frankfort Avenue - or just plain "The Avenue," as its neighborhood business association likes to call it - has come a mighty long way in the generation since the late, lamented Deitrich's started serving creative cuisine in an upscale environment in the old Crescent Theater, a place that at the time had seen considerably better days.

Now we're used to The Avenue being one of our city's primary Restaurant Rows, with a variety of quick-casual to fancy, down-home to ethnic eateries that range from bourbon to Bakersfield Sound, from bagels to tortillas to pitas to artisanal loaves, and just about everything in-between.

Some might say we've gone just about as far as we can go. But no! There's always room for something new on The Avenue, as entrepreneurs Jackson and Cortney Nave demonstrated June 16 when they opened Eggs Over Frankfort, their new diner-style breakfast and lunch shop, and found a reported 150 hungry supplicants lined up outside.

What's the deal? There's been no shortage of breakfast on The Avenue. Blue Dog and Nancy's Bagel Grounds, Heine Brothers, Vint and Caffe Classico all offer artisanal coffee and goodies to go with it.

But Eggs Over Frankfort brings an appealing twist: it offers us the best of the Northeastern "diner" tradition - hearty, simple breakfast fare, hot from the grill - without making us suffer the less appealing aspects of this regional form, such as greasy food and surly waitstaff.

In fact, Eggs Over Frankfort doesn't fry much, which might sound like a bad thing until you belly up to a hearty, affordable breakfast and realize you don't miss the grease at all.

Read my full review on LouisvilleHotBytes.com:
http://www.louisvillehotbytes.com/eggs- ... kfast-bell
and in the Voice-Tribune:
http://www.voice-tribune.com/life-style ... fast-bell/

Eggs Over Frankfort
2712 Frankfort Ave.
709-4452
Facebook: http://goo.gl/Ava0mJ
Robin Garr's rating: 82 points
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

Re: Discussion of Robin Garr's Eggs Over Frankfort review

by Linda C » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:35 pm

I tried it today with my daughter and friend. Yum. Biscuits are huge and tasty. Homemade jams and apple butter. However, I splurged and got the sausage gravy. Ahhh. Fresh grapefruit juice in a nice sized glass. I love that you can order everything a la carte.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:26 pm

Linda C wrote:I tried it today with my daughter and friend. Yum.

I'm glad you and your daughter enjoyed it, Linda!
no avatar
User

Steve Kluesner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:37 pm

So. Indiana

by Steve Kluesner » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:09 pm

We went to Eggs over Frankfort today for a late late breakfast. We had a little wait but was well worth. The atmoshere was nice. The food was excellent. Biscuits reminded me of Lynn's, which had great biscuits. It was a hit with the kids as well.