Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

July 4 closings? Really?

no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: July 4 closings? Really?

by Steve P » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:18 pm

Rick Boman wrote:I remember a time when almost everything was closed on Sundays. I never really considered it because of religion, although it may have been the intent. It was a day for everyone to unplug and enjoy family time. That was also back when 9-5 Monday through Friday was the normal work week.
Here I go waxing nostalgic again!!! :wink:

Bingo....you're in the front row.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Steve P » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:20 pm

RonnieD wrote:My priority is always on having a day off. :D

:lol: ...There's another trough we can drink from together. Scary ain't it :wink:
no avatar
User

Madeline Peters

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:15 pm

St Matthews

by Madeline Peters » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:31 pm

We are open from 11:30 AM to 9:00 PM which will be nice for those who are working to get a chance to see the fireworks. The 4th of July holiday was big for us last year but the weather was terrible. We are getting a lot of phone calls checking to see if we are open. With so many restaurants closed we could be pretty busy.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:30 pm

Madeline Peters wrote:We are open from 11:30 AM to 9:00 PM which will be nice for those who are working to get a chance to see the fireworks. The 4th of July holiday was big for us last year but the weather was terrible. We are getting a lot of phone calls checking to see if we are open. With so many restaurants closed we could be pretty busy.

I'm sorry, but what is your restaurant?
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:25 pm

Andrew Mellman wrote:
Madeline Peters wrote:We are open from 11:30 AM to 9:00 PM which will be nice for those who are working to get a chance to see the fireworks. The 4th of July holiday was big for us last year but the weather was terrible. We are getting a lot of phone calls checking to see if we are open. With so many restaurants closed we could be pretty busy.

I'm sorry, but what is your restaurant?

It's Coal's Pizza.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Steve P » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:53 pm

We just returned from a long weekend in our (old) hometown in N.E. Ohio, where when we were growing up a LOT of stores/restaurants, etc closed on the 4th of July. To my pleasant surprise the tradition continues. Virtually EVERY independent restaurant was closed on the 4th and many of them were closed for the entire WEEKEND and we know of two that were going to be closed for the entire WEEK.. We saw two or three signs on doors that said (to the effect) "Closed - So that our employees can have some well deserved time off". Outstanding.
no avatar
User

Rob Coffey

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:17 pm

by Rob Coffey » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:42 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Steve P wrote:I think places like Chik-Filet and Hobby Lobby have it right when they are closed on Sunday.

How does that work out for their Jewish and Muslim employees? Or do they get around it by limiting their hiring to those washed in the blood of the Lamb?

You left out 7th day adventists!
Previous