Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Does Louisville have too many pizzerias?

No! There's no such thing as too much pizza!
11%
Not yet, but we're pushing it.
11%
Meh. Who cares?
22%
Probably. There's an awful lot of pizza around.
37%
For sure! I'm sick of pizza on every corner.
15%
Other (post a comment)
4%

Total votes : 27
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Poll: Do we have enough pizzerias?

by Robin Garr » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:35 am

Coming out of the new Blaze Pizza yesterday, I got to thinking about how the world of local foodies seems divided into pizza lovers and pizza haters. A new pizzeria comes to town, and some people go "YAY!" while others yell "BOO!"

So, let's try to measure this meme. Do you think Louisville already has too much pizza, or can there never be enough?
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

Re: Poll: Do we have enough pizzerias?

by RonnieD » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:10 am

I love Pizza and I still say too much of a good thing! There are only about 3 pizzerias I eat at anyway, so I guess you can load up on all the shops you want, but I'd prefer more diverse options in those spaces.

sidebar, Robin, was there any extraneous punctuation on your pizza? :twisted:
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:46 pm

(Shrugging)
Kinda in the "who cares?" category . Usually don't "boo hiss" any new business but a new pizzeria just isn't something I can get excited about. That is, unless it offers something I miss or can't find. For example, I could get real excited about a pizzeria that uses recipes from the old Joe Z's that was once in Buchel. Unfortunately I think what often happens is that by the time the food industry sales person gets to that new entrepreneur they get "steered" to the dough/crust/cheese/tomato product that is used in a dozen other places and then there is the birth of a new pizza that tastes like almost any other pizza.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Ken Wilson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Louisville

by Ken Wilson » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:51 pm

I really get a bit upset when a new restaurant location turns out to be another pizza or Mexican place. For all our 'food town' cred, we have a number of empty slots: yes, a good Jewish deli, but also certain ethnic foods, and, for me, a good, innovative noodle bowl/ ramen shop - not because ramen is trendy, but because it's a kind of food I bet a lot of people actually crave and relish. I lived in Rochester NY and often brag to our friends back there about the scene here, but I'd give anything for something like this, just a few houses from where we used to live: https://foursquare.com/v/furoshiki/52804840498e52002491f7ce
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Bring up Louisville on "Google Maps"...then do a search for "pizza". It's pretty apparent that you can't swing a dead cat in some parts of town without hitting a place serving pizza (for example Bardstown Rd and St. Matts). Other parts of town there not much in the way of "Good" pizza (outside the Snyder for example).
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:55 pm

Steve P wrote:... Other parts of town there not much in the way of "Good" pizza (outside the Snyder for example).

That's because the only real Foodies live inside the Snyder!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Rob Coffey

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:17 pm

by Rob Coffey » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:10 pm

I guess Im the only other --- which is "Its none of my business".

I dont believe in too many choices and if we have too many some will fail, and that is a good thing, so I dont see a problem with more or less than we currently have.