Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Meeting space for 10

no avatar
User

Carole C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 15, 2009 7:00 am

Meeting space for 10

by Carole C » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:18 am

In a weak moment I agreed to be president of a high school sports team booster club. We will meet monthly. The good news is, I get to pick the place, and everyone is amenable to meeting somewhere with some light food options and adult beverages. We met at BJ's Brewhouse last night, but it was pretty loud and I got hoarse talking. So, I am looking for suggestions of places in the east end (preferably St. Matthews but would consider Breckinridge Ln., Bardstown Rd., Brownsboro Rd. corridors) that would welcome a group of 10, most of whom will order something to eat or drink (and tips will make up for those who don't) and either has a private or semi-private area or just isn't as loud or crowded on a Tuesday night. Thanks.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Meeting space for 10

by Robin Garr » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:36 am

Carole, although it's not fully private, Majid's is quiet on the non-bar side, and they're usually very cooperative about separating large parties in relative privacy.

Coals Pizza has that nice upstairs room, although I don't know if they'd set it aside for a party of only 10. Might depend on how busy they are on a specific night.

211 Clover is made up of small rooms, and I suspect a party of 10 might fill up one of the smaller ones.

On the high end, although it's a little farther out, Corbett's can certainly accommodate your private-party needs.

Those are the first that come to mind in the area ... hope that's enough to get you started!
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:15 am

Not east end, but ATG has a small private room that would fit 10.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:19 pm

Mitchell's Seafood has a private room (pretty soundproof) that can seat as many as 20, but 10 will still be comfortable (not overwhelmed). No fee to reserve or use. We've had meetings there for years, and while it's not my favorite food they are very nice to work with, and the menu has things at all price ranges.
Last edited by Andrew Mellman on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Also, a tad farther downtown, but Varnese has two private rooms of different sizes, and also has a menu ranging from sandwiches to full dinners.

If they're somewhat adventurous, Hiko-a-Mon has a great private room perfect for that sized group.

Finally, Corner Cafe has a series of private rooms that can be configured to hold almost any size group.
Andrew Mellman
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:00 pm

I just remembered - which is stupid, since I have a group that uses it monthly - that Napa River Grill has two private rooms ... a larger one, and a beautiful little room that should very comfortably fit 10. Talk to GM Ned, who's on the forum, for details.
no avatar
User

Ned A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:32 am

Irish Hill

by Ned A » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:29 am

Carole, feel free to PM me for more info, or email me: ned@napariverlouisville.com. Our "Vineyard Room" seats 22 guests at a max, and really works for group sizes as low as 6-8 as well. We have a custom built wood table in the room that actually breaks into 3 separate tables so we can create seating for different sizes within the room.
On-Premise Sales
Southern Wine & Spirits
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

by Jeremy J » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:17 pm

We're downtown, but we would also love to host you at Meta! Feel free to email me at jeremy@metalouisville.com
no avatar
User

Carole C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 15, 2009 7:00 am

by Carole C » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:20 pm

Thanks for all the great suggestions.