Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Mike Beckmann

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:03 pm

nios@917 is open for business

by Mike Beckmann » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:07 am

My name is Michael Beckmann and I am the new Front House Manager at nios@917. I am also a long time reader, fist time poster. As some of you know, nios was shut down for a 2 week period a while ago to restructer and refocus. We went thru a soft opening the last week of November and are now ready to serve the masses. I am also responding to a gentleman that posted an article about the life and death of the main course. Here at nios, that is our concept with creating your own main course with a selection of small plates. Featuring Southwest Inspired Duck Wontons, Kilawin, Baby Back Ribs, Tomato Basil Bisque, Trio of Satays, and Coconut Shrimp, sharing multiple flavors with your friends is owner Jun Eugenio's dream. The new Executive Chef is Josh Tuley and Sous Chef Matt Tuley are behind this creative venture. New hours are Monday-Wednesday 5-12, kitchen until 10pm. Thursday-Saturday 5-2, kitchen until 12. The Lounge@917 is open 10-2 and will feature piano on Thursday(by the "Mayor of Bardstown Rd), Friday DJs(more background music than disco), and live music on Saturdays(starting the 15th with Laura Apple). I would also like to make an invitation to the foodies to come and enjoy an evening, December 20th sounds good, of half priced wine by the glass and selected half priced small plates. Thanks and Happy Holidays.Peace.
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:24 am

Location please.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:02 am

Baxter across from the Outlook Inn between Highland and Cherokee.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:01 am

carla griffin wrote:Location please.

Nios at 917 review on LouisvilleHotBytes
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:15 am

The simplest answer is 917 Baxter Ave.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:01 pm

Charles W. wrote:The simplest answer is 917 Baxter Ave.

well, that's no fun.
Try it this way: It's over across the street from where Alcott and Bentley used to be, just down from the part of Cherokee where Schulz's florist used to be.
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:46 pm

Thanks Ron! That I understand.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:46 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:
Charles W. wrote:The simplest answer is 917 Baxter Ave.

well, that's no fun.
Try it this way: It's over across the street from where Alcott and Bentley used to be, just down from the part of Cherokee where Schulz's florist used to be.

And a hell of long way from the old Sears store.